Discuss Weekend! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story but in the end turns out after a compression loss test leaking through cylinder 4 through the exhaust valve and either piston or rings. Already spent 1500 inc new injectors trying to get to the bottom of it. Gutted. But seen a recon engine supplied and fitted at £1600 so its better than forking out for a new van when mines on 60plate

Long story but in the end turns out after a compression loss test leaking through cylinder 4 through the exhaust valve and either piston or rings. Already spent 1500 inc new injectors trying to get to the bottom of it. Gutted. But seen a recon engine supplied and fitted at £1600 so its better than forking out for a new van when mines on 60plate

what van you got?

Don't skimp on that Jules, get a recommendation. Or somewhere with a good review, pay once, not twice.

done plenty research leo but its either this or new van and a new van will cost a hell of a lot more. More cost effective to do it this way.

I one put a "new" crossflow in a cortina that burnt more oil than petrol but i set out for Blackpool the next day anyway.
Got pulled over on the M6 and the cheek bstd asked if i was running on coal. Gave me a ticket and a fiver bet i wouldn't make it.I did.
The cortina would have been towed to the crusher these days for that.

If it werent that, that i had spent up setting up other business i would have got a new van but needs must. Its not an ideal solution but sometimes you just gotta play with the cards your dealt with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its bad luck. Bought it last year full fsh 90000 on clock just went on me sometimes it happens. Ford 2.4 tdci engine generally a very good engine. Think faulty injectors prob contributed to engine failure as ecu over compensates on fuelling injectors when they start to go **** up. One day it just gave up no warning signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Weekend! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock