Discuss Wet patch on kitchen ceiling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an even easier repair if you get problems in the future - - - -

15mm Pipe Repair Push Fit | NoLinkingToThis

However, I don't know how reliable it would be.

Edited in - - -
From the previous comment, seems it is 22mm pipe you have and not 15mm??

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know why a copper pipe would suddenly develop a leak in the middle of a run, apart from freezing?

Don't forget your £100 donation to charity for the advice received on this forum ;)

If I bump into any of you, I'll gladly buy a few pints. Maybe some of you should set up a 'buy me a pint' paypal link.

Does anyone know why a copper pipe would suddenly develop a leak in the middle of a run, apart from freezing?

Thats what worries me. Like I mentioned in the OP, we do have water hammer, but I think thats to do with me fitting a new ballcock and valve in the loft tank a while back.

I usually blame the builders, westbury, they did a shoddy job putting these houses up. But in this case surely a copper pipe is a copper pipe.

If I bump into any of you, I'll gladly buy a few pints. Maybe some of you should set up a 'buy me a pint' paypal link.

Thats what worries me. Like I mentioned in the OP, we do have water hammer, but I think thats to do with me fitting a new ballcock and valve in the loft tank a while back.

I usually blame the builders, westbury, they did a shoddy job putting these houses up. But in this case surely a copper pipe is a copper pipe.

Ask the plumber who is fixing the leak for you - no doubt he will check for corrosion or damage when he cuts the pipe.

surely a copper pipe is a copper pipe.

I regularly get called out to a nursing home that gets pin holes in its pipe work (normally about 2am after the water has got into the fire alarms) Can be caused by just having some flux on the pipe, could just have been a slightly thinner wall on that section of pipe??

in future if you need a quick fix, cut directly over the pinhole and use a speed fit coupling

Last edited by a moderator:
Like codcutter says a small bit of flux could be the culprit used to get pin holes on old steel pipes in boiler houses next to the cold feed coming in to the heating circs.

All sorted, the plumber just cut the leaky section away and used a coupling. I watched him do it and I'm confident I can do it myself in future if I ever have to.

Cheers for all your help and advice :)

I cant really tell by the picture how close the 22mm pipe is to the above flooring.Just wondered if it has been screwed or nailed from above.
Can the pipe be moved from side to side.Be careful though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wet patch on kitchen ceiling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey guys I know this ain't plumbing. But some of you may know. I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
I'll start this by saying I'm hoping to sort this by diy / minimal professional help as I'm a very tight budget! I've got a walk-in shower in a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm currently estimating on installing a new shower pump to feed an existing bath/shower diverter. Hot side: fit flange and spherical valve...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock