Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss what inserts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
should i be using metal inserts when using compression fittings with plastic pipe? thanks men

also any plumbers working christmas day then,, i bet some of u cant resist.. ha

plastic or metal inserts are both ok, try to use speedfit with speedfit & hep2 with hep2 . i'll know be working christmas day, dont need the money, i'm loaded.

When using Speedfit use the standard plastic inserts for compression fittings and only use soft copper olives. For Speedfit fittings with plastic pipe use the Supaseal inserts. These have a o ring on them and twist them in a clockwise direction into the pipe.

When using compression fittings make sure that you use ones with a deep slip, like Kuterlite or they can blow off. Same goes with cheapo isolating valves, as the slip isn't deep enough for the pipe and the insert.

so what your saying is that the whole insert, has be inside the the fitting? thanks
Yes, insert it right in until the "lip" reaches the end of the pipe. This will add an extra 2.5mm to the amount of slip into a compression fitting, so it's vital that you use quality compression fittings such as Kuterlite that has a deep slip and use soft copper olives not brass.

what brand of isolation valves do you use with plastic pipe system?
When I use Speedfit, I can either use a Kuterlite (expensive) or a straight with a cutting of copper, then the cheapo iso valve compressed to that or better still I buy these by the bucket load and they have never let me down:
Plumbing Supplies Wholesale - JG SPEEDFIT SERVICE VALVE

My no.1 preference is still copper with soldered fittings, followed by compression, then Cuprofit pushfit.

When I use Speedfit, I can either use a Kuterlite (expensive) or a straight with a cutting of copper, then the cheapo iso valve compressed to that or better still I buy these by the bucket load and they have never let me down:
Plumbing Supplies Wholesale - JG SPEEDFIT SERVICE VALVE

My no.1 preference is still copper with soldered fittings, followed by compression, then Cuprofit pushfit.

thanks system 3,, never thought of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what inserts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock