Search the forum,

Discuss What type of shower tray is this? Photo included in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Just removed this shower tray.
What type of shower tray is this?
Why aren't all shower trays constructed like this?
It must weight less than 10kg and with the flat base, must be a doddle to set in place.

Attachments

• IMG_20221005_103605_470.jpg
    IMG_20221005_103605_470.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 16
I personally don't fit em taken a few out which didn't last stick with the stone one would be my advice. Kop
Hi. I will definitely be sticking with the MX tray, but I'm just curious as to WHY you and others don't install them. You mentioned that you've taken a few out that didn't last. In what way did they not last? What was faulty about them?

They damage easily if you drop things in there the inner foam core can breakdown and delaminate so feel spongy underfoot and eventually leak that's my experience anyway . Kop

There's various trays available made from acrylic with foam capped inner core.
Fibre glass much the same as your bath these are light weight , then there's light weight stone resin like the Mira flight trays .
Then the heavy ones 😉👍

Reply to What type of shower tray is this? Photo included in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Sometime ago I removed our old 1200x800 shower tray and replaced with a Stone resin one. The stone resin tray was much, much heavier than the old one. At the time I didn't give much thought to it, but now I'm wondering which type of tray it would have been. Other than it weighed no more...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all Plumber who fitted shower frame didnt put sealent behind frame to tray before fitting frame. Now leaks when water gets into frame and down into downstairs wall Another plumber has sealed inside area whwre it is shown yellow , which i get is not ideal. i was going to just seal a thin...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'll soon be installing a SONAS 1500 X 800 resin shower tray in a bathroom that I am renovating. It does not come with any sealant or tape. The shower tray will be against an external concrete wall which I will insulate and put some Hardie Backer Board on. My question is, does the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would welcome your thoughts on this. I'm installing a low level shower tray, over a timber floor. Cast iron soil stack only about a metre away. So far so good. The problem is that the existing 1 1/2 copper connection into the stack (previously serving bath) enters the stack at a low...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock