Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss What's a rough costing of replacing an Eco 7 hot water tank? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sportyruss

Hi all,

I think I have a leaking hot water tank for my Economy 7 system. It's the type with the two immersion heaters. I was wondering if anyone can give me a rough idea how much this would cost to do, and how long a job like this would take.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

In answer to your question, £625 and I'd be done by the time you get back from the cash point.

Do you need a new tank ? it could just be the gasket on your immersion

Do you need a new tank ? it could just be the gasket on your immersion

Well, I think so. I had the two immersion heaters replaced, and I think the top one was hard to remove and this may have damaged the tank.

it could also be the thermostat tube that has holed, either way it will have to be drained off and try to undo for the element to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What's a rough costing of replacing an Eco 7 hot water tank? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
I have a vented hot-water cylinder that was installed when the house was built - 38 years ago! It has a header tank in the loft and the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock