Search the forum,

Discuss Which brand plastic pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Mario

Gas Engineer
What brand pushfit do you use for install for central heating system hepworth hep2o ....john guest ?

Yorkshire Yorkshire Yorkshire.

See, it's not that hard to say :) :) :)

If I really need to then it's speedfit.

If it has to be plastic. Uponor q&e.
No "o" rings and no inserts to restrict the flow.

Speedfit because it's more common and you don't need a tool to demount. I wish everyone used the same pipe as they aren't all compatible according to the manufacturers, and some of the others are a right b#tch to get off

JG speedfit if I have to but that rare only really use the tap connectors now with copper as I think the rubber washer is better than fibre and the ability to move it means it stays tight when tightening onto the ISO and such

On new builds, Hep for heating and Q & E for hot etc
On existing, copper

I rate speedfit as about the worst of all and only use it for temporarys, if were talking pushfit then I think polyplumb is the best with hep a close second.

If were talking just plastic in general then Rehau, Uponor and buteline are all superior IMO to the above pushfit variety's.

I try to always use copper, but have used Hep on rare occasions, mainly to join to an existing plastic piped job. image.jpg

Here in this photo is a few samples I kept of plastic pipe that failed.
One to the left is non barrier and burst in 2010 winter, despite the talk that it can't burst if froze.
Next 2 are when heating systems overheat. Both barrier pipes and basically melted.
I really don't like plastic

Last edited:
If I absolutely have to then JG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which brand plastic pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock