Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Why do customers.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed

Expect that their sirname and address should be enough for you to instantyl know who they are even if you changed a tap washer for them 6 months ago?

because they think we haven't got anything better to than cram our brains with details like that. as if we haven't got enough to remember.

I just got in from changing a mid position 3 port valve . I will not forget this customer as he gave me a tip of ONE POUND FIFTY

Hear it all the time, did an hours work 4 years ago.....................

"Oh yes, I remember ... Mrs Pig to do basin tap washer with yappy terrier! I'll be there in the morning ..."

Expect that their sirname and address should be enough for you to instantyl know who they are even if you changed a tap washer for them 6 months ago?
Surname AND address, that's quite good.
I often get just a name.
Or just a street name.
And ansaphone messages with no Tel number because we must already have it.

AND the customers who I speak to who will tell me that hubby will remember what boiler they've got or what the problem was and I'm quite certain he won't

i got a call from a custy the other day, i answered and she said 'its me' i said who? she said 'me,Joyce' i said oh! joyce....why didn't you say. i remember you...now whats your address again??????????? lol

i just say 'oh yes, your the one who gave me a tip arnt you?'
remind me of the address again....see you in 10 minuites.

i got a call from a custy the other day, i answered and she said 'its me' i said who? she said 'me,Joyce' i said oh! joyce....why didn't you say. i remember you...now whats your address again??????????? lol

I do that one a lot lol

I do that one a lot lol

why,does Joyce ring you up as well ??

It is strange how some customers think you should remember them.it always seems to be the small jobs,I get it with gas safety inspections when I put works that require doing,they ring me up a year later and say can you do the works on the old gas report when I do the new one and expect you to remember what you put and when I ask them for details,they say''you remember,its the house with all the shoes by the door or don't you remember,we have a black cat

:mad2:

Mind you had it the other way round were someone rings ,gives all there details and for some reason you do remember and say''oh ,yes,your Mrs humpty, I changed a tap washer for you in 1997,usually this happens as the customer was sitting half naked on the bath,when you were trying to replace the washer as fast as you could,sayin 2 to 3 hours

:stuart:

mind you i can be an idiot too. i've just noticed i've got a job booked in on tuesday. got an address and a time but no phone number and no mention of what the job is. well, i like suprises.

Had a customer phone me up about a job and when I asked for his address he told me "Number 425 Carr Rd" Now this is a very long road and very steep so to give me a chance of finding the house without driving at sex pest speed I asked him if it was near the top or the bottom and he said "It depends which way you're coming from" I asked him if the top and bottom swap over if I came a different way and he still didn't realise what he'd said! :crazy:

i spent 2 hours working in a house today and only realised at the end that i'd spent 2 full days in it doing a boiler job while getting work experience with a previous boss about a year ago. i was standing there as she wrote the cheque and looked at this unusual grandfather clock and thought, "i've seen that before..." then looked around and went "ah." i get so tunnel visioned sometimes. i saw front door -> stairs -> toilet. nothing else until payment time.

when I ask them for details,they say''you remember,its the house with all the shoes by the door or don't you remember,we have a black cat

haha, i have had that a fair few times

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why do customers.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock