Discuss Will plumbers mait seal a 32mm ABS pipe joint? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robbie71

I have a leaky waste pipe from a sink,
When i looked at the pipes, 2 of the joints on an elbow were loose and came apart easily.
the pipe is black and dirty and a there seems to be a lot of play when inserted in the elbows.

i dont want to replace the pipes as there is a bend on one that I can't replicate.

is it possible to re-weld the joints in this condition?
if not , would "plumbers mait" seal the joints?

thanks

look beyond the attempted repair before you start what will you do if it dosen`t work cut it out and start again.. forget plumbers mate. If you can get the pipe and fittings apart clean
pipe and fittings with pipe cleaner before solvent welding with solvent pipe cement good luck:)regards turnpin

gonk of silicone for a bodge left overnight will work rough but works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Will plumbers mait seal a 32mm ABS pipe joint? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this in the forum, happy to move if not. I'm looking for a metallic 32mm...
Replies
Views
Morning All, Just after some advice as I have been asked to plumb in a sink and washing machine waste for a new kitchenette. The other side of the...
Replies
Views
Hi I fitted a bath/shower 12 years ago and a few months ago it developed a leak. It was basically at a coupler on 40mm solvent where my new...
Replies
Views
I have this at home: Glue and I need to solvent-weld these abs drain piping: pipe and elbow Can I avoid purchasing solvent cement? Or would that...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock