Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Wiring a y-plan system for a worcester greenstar 28he without capacitor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Is there a way of wiring this boiler to a y-pan system so it does not require a capacitor on the switched live. I have wired it up but the heating will not switch off. After checking everything Im assuming it's because I've not got the capacitor in the circuit.

Thanks in advance

You could use a relay or contactor to do the switching but a capacitor would be cheaper.

how old is this boiler not used a relay for years usually normal wiring for y plan
have you checked on honeywell website for a diagram

Its about 6 years old. Just been relocated.

I have never fitted a capacitor on these double check the wiring see what voltage you get on orange wire with everything off.

The problem with Y plan is that you get a potential difference between orange and neutral when the valve is off.
This is sometimes sufficient to operate some boilers when it is connected to the SL.
Doesn't happen with S plan.

Turns out the boiler had the older version of the PCB. New pcb has resolved the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wiring a y-plan system for a worcester greenstar 28he without capacitor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock