Discuss wood fired boiler hookup in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

josephus

hi

i am planning on hooking my wood burning stove to my existing oil system.

my plan is to hook up the flow and return which goes out into my garage into a large rad. this will be only 12 inches from the boiler (so heat will travel fast without pump if needed)

then i will find out a way to send the extra heated water from the rad, through the heating system in my home.

this way the big rad in the garage will act as a heat sink if the extra pump broke down while i was using the fire and the heat would safely dissapear. and if i wanted to sent it around the house i can do that with (possibly) some kind of one way valve. then my oil boiler wont wastefully pump water round the new rad or my new boiler.

i understand ill have to hook up the boiler to the overflow in the loft and find a way to add new water to the new rad as required.

if anyone can tell me if the idea is going in the right direction. please let me know. allso any thoughts on a simple system or give the link to a decent design i will be really gratefull.

im sure my idea is very rough, but i am blessed with lots of space to do this and so hope to avoid the pricey "dunsley heat" solutions.

thank you for reading my ramblings

jo

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wood fired boiler hookup in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock