Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Worchester Bosch E9 Error - It's not the boiler ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What models would you recommend, all my pipe work is 22mm, so I would look to replace 3 way with 22mm T, striaght into 2 port valves ?

Would I get a full 22mm flow from Honeywell V4043, not sure on difference for "B" and "H". or would I need 28mm valve to get full flow?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361311193.272310.jpg

From Honeywell training manual

That's mad, why does Worchester Bosch only come off the boiler in 22mm ?

That's mad, why does Worchester Bosch only come off the boiler in 22mm ?

Because in WB lab tests they found you can have upto 1m of 22 mm straight off the boiler before increasing to 28 mm, this has virtually no effect on heat capacity.....this keeps their costs down too! As they send same pipes as 30 kw version!

I would run 28 mm primary's, then fit 2 x 28 mm zones valves, with 22 mm honeywell ABV, then convert to sealed system, job done.....

Micheal you cannot have your heating set on 27 kw and hot water on 40 kw on the 40 cdi, so if you have adjusted to 27 kw, the hot water is set to this also!

Sorry, don't mean to be argumentative but...........

I don't see how 28mm will give better flow if boiler is only 22mm. But, I can see upgrading pipe at valve to 28mm to get full 22mm through valve.

snip from Manuel, "Even if the heating output is limited, the full rated heat output remains available for hot water"
1.a is setting for CH, 1.b is setting for Hot Water.

What are the advantages/disadvantages sealed over vented?

What's the advantages/disadvanteges sealed over vented?

Sorry, don't mean to be argumentative but...........

I don't see how 28mm will give better flow if boiler is only 22mm. But, I can see upgrading pipe at valve to 28mm to get full 22mm through valve.

snip from Manuel, "Even if the heating output is limited, the full rated heat output remains available for hot water"
1.a is setting for CH, 1.b is setting for Hot Water.

What are the advantages/disadvantages sealed over vented?

What's the advantages/disadvanteges sealed over vented?

Trust me on the pipe, it acts as a buffer, just like the outlet of a gas meter is only 22 mm, but is often increased to 28 or even 35 mm on some installs.....

the 1a and 1b rule above is only for the combi boiler version not heat only like you have, how do you think the boiler knows wether it is in hot water only or ch mode? It does'nt it has a common switched live sorry you are on 27 kw for both.

loads of advantages foe sealed system google it or search on here and save my finger it has been covered many times!

Total system resistance is the sum of individual resistances in series. So you can compensate for high resistance somewhere (e.g. boiler) by lower resistances elsewhere.

I get it now, coming straight out of the boiler in 22mm will have similar resistance as going round a 90 degre bend in 28mm. I have some further upgrades planned, so will look to upgrade pipe and valves at the same time.

I get it now, coming straight out of the boiler in 22mm will have similar resistance as going round a 90 degre bend in 28mm. I have some further upgrades planned, so will look to upgrade pipe and valves at the same time.

Good gleen as much info as you can, remember we do this for a living :sunny:

I hate to admit I am wrong, but Vern I reckon you were right about the boiler as well. Obviuos when you think about that one :)
So do I assume the hot water setting has no effect on my boiler, or should I set this the same?

Thanks

I hate to admit I am wrong, but Vern I reckon you were right about the boiler as well. Obviuos when you think about that one :)
So do I assume the hot water setting has no effect on my boiler, or should I set this the same?

Thanks

Yes pal, 1A is the only KW power setting as yours is not a combi, altering 1B will do nothing, as the code plug on the mother board stops this for obvious reasons

Does 1b alter the output if you had the diverter valve kit fitted do you know vern.

E9 error, I would be considering changing the heat cell mate. The primary flow sensor should cut the boiler out we'll before the overheat stat cuts in.

if you have surface thermometer or temp robe on your gas analyser tape or hold it onto the heat cell where the overheat stat is. If your getting a reading of 100 degree plus but the temp is displaying lower than 80 degrees on the boiler chances are its the heat cell.

There are two overheat stats, flue and Heat Exchanger. Exactly where would you take the reading?
I'll be using infrared thermometer.

unfortunately thats where the advice stops.

this forum will not tollerate any advice to d..i..y boiler repairs!.

otherwise this thread/members will be removed unless in the private gas section, please stick to the rules of the forum.

thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worchester Bosch E9 Error - It's not the boiler ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock