Discuss Young plumber of the year. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear you could give some inside info on the tasks :). What other faults did you have in the bathroom installation?

I hope you gave that guy from Wales some stick after the comments he made!

Congrats btw.

Well i did 6 yes in the industry mainly on industrial and commercial...i then did some air con. I now work for Alpha Boilers.... so i have to say Alpha because i know them inside and out

ahh,alphas good boilers but not one of my favourites as a example the expansion vessel on the cd is twice the cost of a baxi 105 and if you cant fit a external for cosmetic reasons not a nice price,expensive spares

Glad to hear you could give some inside info on the tasks :). What other faults did you have in the bathroom installation?

I hope you gave that guy from Wales some stick after the comments he made!

Congrats btw.

Thanks

shower hose was too long and went into tray....cistern was leaking on toilet on cw inlet and from syphon.....double check valve was in the wrong way... my trap washer was snapped too ...i think Charlie had a leak on his basin waste too

oh yeah that bloke from wales. i totally forgot about him! he was the one that gave it the big one straight way and his solidering was sxxx!
bet that well pxxxxxd ya off when he was slagging ya off.
when ya won the prize did ya get a nice bug cheque from charlie?

ahh,alphas good boilers but not one of my favourites as a example the expansion vessel on the cd is twice the cost of a baxi 105 and if you cant fit a external for cosmetic reasons not a nice price,expensive spares

The price is good at the moment and they have the free TF1 with them and standard 5years..... we have a new range out next year...it looks really good and is all ready for the new EU protocols on efficiencys!

oh yeah that bloke from wales. i totally forgot about him! he was the one that gave it the big one straight way and his solidering was sxxx!
bet that well pxxxxxd ya off when he was slagging ya off.
when ya won the prize did ya get a nice bug cheque from charlie?

No i wish! just the crystal thing

Thanks

shower hose was too long and went into tray....cistern was leaking on toilet on cw inlet and from syphon.....double check valve was in the wrong way... my trap washer was snapped too ...i think Charlie had a leak on his basin waste too

Good to see there were some other faults inside the bathroom. Did you still have the 45 minutes for all of those faults?

In the new year I'm off to do some Alpha training, hopefully become a service engineer for the Bristol area :D. Hopefully it can get me off site once and for all!

The price is good at the moment and they have the free TF1 with them and standard 5years..... we have a new range out next year...it looks really good and is all ready for the new EU protocols on efficiencys!

yes buy price may be good,but spares.........got to look at long term,if like me you offer service contracts but i understand you cant really comment much on the pros and cons i did once consider going over to alpha not impressed when the rep did not return my call went over to potterton performas and baxi duotecs haven't looked back

Good to see there were some other faults inside the bathroom. Did you still have the 45 minutes for all of those faults?

In the new year I'm off to do some Alpha training, hopefully become a service engineer for the Bristol area :D. Hopefully it can get me off site once and for all!

I think that was a hour....

You must know Mr Stacey then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Young plumber of the year. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
i have had an independent plumber check my system,a second opinion- he says i need to power flush as there is sludge. my contracted servicer will...
Replies
Views
M
Changed bath the other day, crack in bath - store sent me to change it - when i got there - took panel off and waste was too high going into...
Replies
Views
E
Hi - I have installed the first fix for the central heating and hot/cold water in my house (and pressure tested). At the moment I have tails of...
Replies
Views
edwardk
E
S
Got your attention, good. Its a while since I started a thread and this is possibly a bit controversial and I'm hoping for some lively debate...
Replies
Views
G
I have been out of work for a couple years, doing odd jobs for people etc. and never knowing what to charge them. Currently doing a job...
Replies
Views
dontknowitall
D

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock