Discuss Fitting new soil pipe to access chamber in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask.

I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall. There is a 3 way inspection/access chamber about 1.5 metres outside this point which I plan on going into. It has one inlet in use from the upstairs WC and the other capped off.

I plan on going from the toilet out the wall, elbow down, dig a trench leading to the chamber, elbow to horizontal (having the correct fall) and run it to the spare inlet on the chamber and connect.

Does all that sound right?
Is there anything I've missed?
Anything I need to be aware or careful of?
Can I just elbow down or will I need some sort of breather?

Any help would be welcome. Thank you.

Hi

How did you get on with your toilet installation?

Reply to Fitting new soil pipe to access chamber in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a problem with a downstairs bathroom toilet. When flushed, the water in the bowl rises, as does the water coming up from the shower drain...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, few years off doing the work but I like to plan. Can a soil stack be rerouting away from the house, over an extension roof? Reason to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction...
Replies
Views
B
My soil pipe on the downstairs toilet seems to be partially blocked. Now I know it can be rodded but I was thinking of another way. With the...
Replies
Views
Back