Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss 100mm flue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

that bloke.

the instructions say i need a 116mm hole for a 100mm flue , its a potterton boiler , i cannot find a 116mm core drill bit , the biggest i have is 110mm and the next size up i can buy is 120mm.
why is 116mm crucial? could i get away with 110mm? the flue needs 1.5 degree rise above level as it exits the wall but a 110mm hole cut at a slight angle should also be able to give me the 1.5 degree fall.

Personally I'd cut at a downward angle for a condensor and at a slight upward angle if it's non condensor. I think the 116mm is to account for the gradient. I wouldn't say it's crucial. Plus you'll save yourself the cash not buying a new core

why downward if its a condenser? also , would this invalidate any warranty on the boiler if it isn't installed to the manufacturers specifications?

why downward if its a condenser? also , would this invalidate any warranty on the boiler if it isn't installed to the manufacturers specifications?

Sorry mate, I meant the other way round. Ie upward for a condensor

I've been at boilers at the same time as the manufacturers have b4. They don't go that far into it mate. They can invalidate warranties for a non corgi person fitting the boiler or a massive flue issues like(the manufacturers say it can run 10metres but the installer has ran it say 15metres). But the issue with the core size is a complete non issue IMO. As long as its through the wall, at the correct gradient and sealed up then I'd say they'll be fine with that. I think your stressing yourself out for no reason buddy

lovely , thanks fella , I always like to make sure about stuff like this just in case ive missed something, its always the way , let it slide one day and it will jump up and bite me right on the a#s#.:)
thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry mate, I meant the other way round. Ie
Upwards for A condenser
I've been at boilers at the same time as the manufacturers have b4. They don't go that far into it mate. They can invalidate warranties for a non corgi person fitting the boiler or a massive flue issues like(the manufacturers say it can run 10metres but the installer has ran it say 15metres). But the issue with the core size is a complete non issue IMO. As long as its through the wall, at the correct gradient and sealed up then I'd say they'll be fine with that. I think your stressing yourself out for no reason buddy

Depends if your drilling it from the in side or outside:D:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 100mm flue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock