Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss 20mm to 22mm reducer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening all
does anyone know where I can get a 20mm mdpe to 22mm coupling ??
thanks

You would be best getting a 20 - 15 mm copper then a reducer. Or in your case an increaser!

Yeah that's what's there at the moment chalked it's restricting the flow for a mega flow

as the half inch fitting will again be a reduction in size.

if you could cut it back the 20mm a bit you could remove the restriction by

fitting a 20x25 mdpe reducer
short bit of 25mm
then a 25mm x 15mm/22mm straight connector onto 22mm copper

:)

Polyfast 40625 reducing coupling with a 46420 20mm poly insert in the small end and a 46825 3/4 x 22mm copper insert in the fat end.

Ugly, but will do it in one go, and shouldn't restrict the flow.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to avoid 1king not much room behind the dishwasher ! Can't understand why them feckers can't design a slight less deep d/w so a bit of pipe work can fit behind them

A philmac 21-27mm x 25mm transition coupling with a 22mm copper insert.

Btw it won't do any good it is the 20mm pipe that is restricting the supply.
20mm pipe has a wall thickness of 2.4mm so the ID is 15.2mm. Stick an inset in and you are down to around 12.5mm.

A philmac 21-27mm x 25mm transition coupling with a 22mm copper insert.

Btw it won't do any good it is the 20mm pipe that is restricting the supply.
20mm pipe has a wall thickness of 2.4mm so the ID is 15.2mm. Stick an inset in and you are down to around 12.5mm.

Had just arrived at the same conclusion, having searched the kuterlite 700 range, suddenly twigged why they didn't make one. Answer - because it would be pointless. :)

Yeah ok lads thanks for searching and answering, much appreciated

i had a bag of imperial or thing someolives in my van somewhere, some were 20mm in sure, i flare a piece of 15mm pipe as a insert, pop it into the 20mm and then use a 22mm compression coupling with the 20mm olive inside it, if i rememper they were like really thick olives, buth then again if i use a 15mm pipe as a insert , there would no more water than a 15mm pipe come thru it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 20mm to 22mm reducer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Can anyone please tell me where I might purchase a 90° bend 15mm x 22mm Isolating Valve Thanks and Regards. Hugh
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it...
Replies
Views
I'm a kitchen fitter first and foremost, so occasionally encounter old pipes of varying sizes. From past experience I know how easy it is to...
Replies
Views
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock