Discuss £54.80 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

villa_tom

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
So, I've not had a cigarette in a week now and its great. Based on the fact I smoked 20 a day and an extra 20 over the weekend I've saved nearly 55 quid so far. It's not great deal of money by any means and it won't make me rich but its better in my back pocket then wasted on cancer sticks.

I haven't missed it as much as I thought to be honest, I have up for 4 months a few years ago and wanted a *** constantly, this time it feels completely different, probably because I really want to this time.

The only side effect so far, is that I'm hungry all the time, but according to the NHS website it's because my taste buds are getting better each day.

Another bonus is spending absolutely nothing during the day at work, I had 100 quid in my wallet Monday morning and its all still there.

Two and a half weeks here, I'm doing ok but like you say loving my food.

well done tom. That is great. I stopped smoking 9yrs ago and have not gone back since. that is tweeds and all! Keep it up

Two and a half weeks here, I'm doing ok but like you say loving my food.

I've eaten loads, I even eat sandwiches during the day at work and loads of crisps. Sweets are my downfall though, anything fizzy I love so I've been eating all sorts if sweets when I'm home from work. But it's a lot better than smoking.

well done tom. That is great. I stopped smoking 9yrs ago and have not gone back since. that is tweeds and all! Keep it up

Fairplay. I can't see myself smoking again to be honest, I know its only been a week but I think about having a *** and I don't want one. I think lately I've really thought that smoking was dirty, which was one of my reasons for quitting and I don't want to go back, plus my van smells nice now.

Good work. Try sugar free polos for sweets I used them when I went on a diet worked a treat to stop hunger

Fairplay. I can't see myself smoking again to be honest, I know its only been a week but I think about having a *** and I don't want one. I think lately I've really thought that smoking was dirty, which was one of my reasons for quitting and I don't want to go back, plus my van smells nice now.

After a while you will despise the smell my mum is a heavy smoker and she reeks of it

Good work. Try sugar free polos for sweets I used them when I went on a diet worked a treat to stop hunger

I will do, I've got loads of mints in the van for when I smoked so I've been having them still once in a while, but haribo is my downfall, been scoffing the tangtastics when I've been driving.

Get something to help when you drink that's when I found it hard! Almost 2 years now for me. My lungs feel amazing

Haribo are lovely, always got some in the house for my boys but I can't resist em

After a while you will despise the smell my mum is a heavy smoker and she reeks of it

My dad and brother both smoke, and they smoke in the living room downstairs and I don't go in there now.

My van smelt the worst though, the best thing I did to help me quit was clean the van. I replaced everything, seat cover, floor mats, the lot. I cleaned it inside and out, it took me over 8 hours, but it looks brand new now and smells of bubblegum air freshener.

Haribo are lovely, always got some in the house for my boys but I can't resist em

Haribo are the bees knees mate. Have you tried the haribo bunnies? If not, next time your in tesco, grab some. They come in the small bags and are in a yellow packet and are 3 for £1.20

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 43
My tickets came for our game with you last week . Massive game for both clubs. Staying in Brum for the night too for my pals bday any recommendations of where to go?

Whos your team mate?

if your going out for a drink and all that, then try brindley place, its nice there. And the ladies love it :)

personally I avoid broad st, which is the main clubbing area, its full of teenagers and chavs and there is always trouble.

keep it up tom, I will be stopping 4th of march :)

Good luck, I find the niqitine patches work best for me. For the first week keep the patch on overnight, it stops the craving for the first thing in the morning smoke.

Done that and got the t shirt leo, once had patch on, nicotine gum in mouth and *** in hand lol....got headache from nicotine poisoning lol.
For anything to work, you have got to want to stop. After doing it for 49 years i want to :)

Done that and got the t shirt leo, once had patch on, nicotine gum in mouth and *** in hand lol....got headache from nicotine poisoning lol.
For anything to work, you have got to want to stop. After doing it for 49 years i want to :)

Thats hard core.

Got a mate who puts two patches on now and still ends up smoking!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to £54.80 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock