Search the forum,

Discuss £54.80 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks like the lists that my dad writes out every time he sees me smoke! You could've bought a villa in Spain by now if you'd never smoked!

Im looking at it in the same vain. My mortgage looks like its going to be between 650/750 a month depending on what I buy. If I don't smoke ill be saving roughly 220 quid a month on ****, plus all the other money ill save not buying all the other junk you do when you go in for **** like fizzy pop and sweets. I reckon I'll be saving nearer 300 quid a month. And that's a hefty chunk of my mortgage.

I think it's three weeks this weekend. I'm not really counting anymore, still get the urges but I've gone to long without to go back.

15 days for me now, how's everyone else doing?
I had the first part of my dental surgery on Monday (bone graft - ouch) so I absolutely can't smoke, doesn't stop the odd urge though...
you having implants ?

I gave up the **** on Tuesday. Bought an e-lites starter kit and its going well.

Hardly using the e-cig tbh, used it 3 times yesterday and not really having a full **** worth.

No, not yet. Forgot to put my patch on today. Absolute bloody murder , but still haven't relented yet.

Here's where I'm at now. I haven't had one *** :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 31
Awesome Leo. That is great. The 2 of you are both succeeding. Do you feel like you have a bit of a rivalry going? Would make it a bit more fun I think

I'm chomping away at the nieces and nephews' easter eggs, ran out of ciggies a few hours ago.

View attachment 11470
It's getting pretty easy now, even had 2 smoke free nights on the **** (tonight being one)
How are you guys doing?

When you have Been on the ale and not smoked that's when you know you have cracked it! Once you have experienced every situation in life you associate smoking and get through it your there. Like last year on holiday, first time round a pool without them, I'd been of them over a year by then and as soon as I got round that pool, boom cravings kicked in like I'd only give up yesterday, lasted for 2 days then I was fine

I gave up the cancer sticks in my 30's and because of this had this uncontrollable urge to have sex. Come to think of it, I had that urge while on the **** too.

Well done to you guys for giving up and sticking with it. Your lungs should benefit, not the UK treasury.

I gave up the cancer sticks in my 30's and because of this had this uncontrollable urge to have sex. Come to think of it, I had that urge while on the **** too.

Well done to you guys for giving up and sticking with it. Your lungs should benefit, not the UK treasury.

Or the proposed Scottish one.

This is where I'm at now. It's been quite easy and I hardly use the electric *** when at home and less and less each day in the van. I haven't been out in the lash yet, but I think I'll be able to do it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 39
I have a confession to make. I has a cigar yesterday, it was lovely. Sat in one if my really good customers garden. Shame on me.

When you have Been on the ale and not smoked that's when you know you have cracked it! Once you have experienced every situation in life you associate smoking and get through it your there. Like last year on holiday, first time round a pool without them, I'd been of them over a year by then and as soon as I got round that pool, boom cravings kicked in like I'd only give up yesterday, lasted for 2 days then I was fine

Truest statement ever, everyone will realise this in good time.
i gave up a whole ago now and there's still times that make you think of it. I totally agree with the first time around the pool. Killed me in August. Also things like seeing old friends, sitting in my van outside old jobs.

Just control yourself when you're on the lash, when all your mates head for the smoking area just stay inside.

I am not a fan of the modern mobile phone but I have to say that is one of the best reasons I have seen to upgrade.

Must be great to have that reminder with you should the urge return.

My Father gave them up a few years ago, everyday he puts the equal cost of 60 cigs away, he actually goes to the shop and gets the exact change.

Each year he orders a new car when the present car is ten months old so he can be sure of collecting the new car on the anniversary of when he gave up smoking.

Any excess funds he has goes in "extras" he usually wouldn't bother with, that's his incentive and it works for him.

Take care when pricing jobs Leo :)

Rough pricing, 3 x packs of 20 = €27 x 365 = €9855.00

Of course he trades the old car in, hard to call them old as last one had less than 5,000 Km on the clock.

Even though I am still a smoker I have reached the point where there are times I light up then wonder why did I bother, hopefully one of these days it will happen when I'm really thinking about that cough in the mornings when driving and all I can see are stars in front of my eyes.

Reckon I'm getting closer to quitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to £54.80 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock