Discuss £54.80 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not a fan of the modern mobile phone but I have to say that is one of the best reasons I have seen to upgrade.

Must be great to have that reminder with you should the urge return.

My Father gave them up a few years ago, everyday he puts the equal cost of 60 cigs away, he actually goes to the shop and gets the exact change.

Each year he orders a new car when the present car is ten months old so he can be sure of collecting the new car on the anniversary of when he gave up smoking.

Any excess funds he has goes in "extras" he usually wouldn't bother with, that's his incentive and it works for him.

Take care when pricing jobs Leo :)

Rough pricing, 3 x packs of 20 = €27 x 365 = €9855.00

Of course he trades the old car in, hard to call them old as last one had less than 5,000 Km on the clock.

Even though I am still a smoker I have reached the point where there are times I light up then wonder why did I bother, hopefully one of these days it will happen when I'm really thinking about that cough in the mornings when driving and all I can see are stars in front of my eyes.

Reckon I'm getting closer to quitting.

I'm gonna try again this year. went on a full champix course last spring. God they made me feel weird. didnt want a *** when i was on them probably cause i felt sick all the time, strange vivid dreams that messed with my head and was arsey to everyone. and when i stopped them i wanted a *** haha great. think i'll try just willpower and patches this time.

Patches work well, mixture of help and will power.

Over a month for me now and getting easier, whole days go by without me even thinking about a cigarette !! :smoking:
How's everyone else doing?
IMG_1116.jpg

I've had one hiccup, but apart from that ok. Still think about them daily but don't crave as much.

I'm gonna try again this year. went on a full champix course last spring. God they made me feel weird. didnt want a *** when i was on them probably cause i felt sick all the time, strange vivid dreams that messed with my head and was arsey to everyone. and when i stopped them i wanted a *** haha great. think i'll try just willpower and patches this time.

The lad who old me about them had issues with them. Worked great at first then he said everytime his missus walked in the room he felt an overwhelming urge to kill her!

This is where I'm at now. I use my electric *** when I feel like a *** sometimes but each day I find myself wanting and thinking about smoking less and less, so each day I use the electric *** less.
I never used it at all last Sunday and I very rarely use it during the evening :)

image.jpg

I've been off 3 weeks now, leccy *** gets used 2/3 times per day, if at all. Many days its not used at all. Feeling peckish a bit though.

Felt great at 5 aside on Tuesday, so much easier than it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to £54.80 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
As recommended by the welcome email, hello all, my name is James Pirie and I am not a plumber but a keen DIY enthusiast mostly due to the severe...
Replies
Views
WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees...
Replies
Views
Back