Currently reading:
Actually wetting myself with laughter!

Discuss Actually wetting myself with laughter! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

The gas registered guys may have seen our adverts in the "registered gas engineer" magazine. We've been running them now for about 6 months or so. There aren't many places that we can advertise, because of course we don't want Joe public to see our trade prices, but that mag reaches our target market perfectly, without any retail spill-over.

Apparently, a group of plumber's merchants have written to the magazine, accusing us of "disruptive, negligent and devaluing pricing tactics"

They have asked the magazine to stop carrying our advertising because "it is driving their margins down to an unacceptable level" and because our pricing causes people to "question every other merchant's pricing integrity". No ****!

In fairness, my understanding is that GasSafe have told them that it is their members interests to be able to buy as cheaply as possible, and they have assured us that they will continue to take our adverts.

In the meantime, I'm still laughing...

Boooooo... i got mugged off by Dan at Ashford then. He told me you didn't and I ended up with your tesco extra value pipe clips instead.

Its not a core line, so its "managers choice" whether the branch stocks it. But it is available to him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Actually wetting myself with laughter! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back