Search the forum,

Discuss Sponsored thread - www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk BETA test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to tease. Have a little intrigue

I did my order today Ray how do I know if I've got a bag. Will I have to wait and see.

Did your order include £100+ vat of endfeed and compression fittings? Hang on, I can probably check that... <runs off into digital backroom> nope! Way under £100. BUT... since your order came to £flip-loads, and because we like you more than Leo, I have just emailed Ian and asked him to chuck a bag in. The truck will have left by the time I drift into work at 07:30.

Ps fate ham counter staff awesome when I called earlier. Full of good ideas[/QUOTE]

I now have a warm feeling Ray. Just so I know for future, as I know you have shat loads of bags is it ONLY compression and end feed as I struggled to find extras that I needed (note needed not wanted) :smile: cheers though

I now have a warm feeling Ray. Just so I know for future, as I know you have shat loads of bags is it ONLY compression and end feed as I struggled to find extras that I needed (note needed not wanted) :smile: cheers though

Yes, its just endfeed and compression - and when we say "compression" we mean ordinary compression fittings, from page 54 in our pricebook. We have had some people argue that a Honeywell 3 port valve should count because it has compression ends!

And we can now see the end of the bag mountain.

Well congrats. What's the next over order freebie :wink:

Did your order include £100+ vat of endfeed and compression fittings? Hang on, I can probably check that... <runs off into digital backroom> nope! Way under £100. BUT... since your order came to £flip-loads, and because we like you more than Leo, I have just emailed Ian and asked him to chuck a bag in. The truck will have left by the time I drift into work at 07:30.

Ps fate ham counter staff awesome when I called earlier. Full of good ideas
[/QUOTE]

Where abouts is fate ham Ray? Anyway, I'm going to order three lots of fittings at £101 each so I get three bags now!

Where abouts is fate ham Ray? Anyway, I'm going to order three lots of fittings at £101 each so I get three bags now![/QUOTE]

No idea. Probably close to Kismet Pork. You go ahead and order as many fittings as you like. Punish me baby, punish me! Force me to take your money and give you bags... :)

Credit where credits due FAREHAM counter staff are awesome :smile:

Well congrats. What's the next over order freebie :wink:

The next thing will be a series of email blasts, offering some silly deals on very short timescales, with a limit per customer and a total limit per product line.

So for example, the first blast has 6 fast moving products at prices well below our normal cost. It will go out by email, but I will also post it in the Arms. You have 4 days to take advantage, then the offer will change to 6 different product lines.

Deal of the weekish kind of thing. Sounds good

Deal of the weekish kind of thing. Sounds good

Yep.

I might also try a tent sale. I watched one of those lately.

It starts off announcing that we are going to sell (say) 100 boilers from a manufacturer. For the first 2 days, they are normal price less £20. Then for the second 2 days they are normal price less £40. Then for days 5 and 6, they are £60 off, and so on, up to £100 off.

The catch is - there is a limited number of each boiler, and you don't know how fast they are selling. So do you snap up a reasonable bargain at £60 off today, or wait for it to get to £100 off, but risk us running out?

So "buying plumbing supplies anonymous" is on the cards

Dont like the sound of that tent sale.
Seems like a shopping channel gimmick for steam mops......

Personally I don't think it fits with what I perceive your company image to be. But its your call..

Personally I don't think it fits with what I perceive your company image to be. But its your call..

Thats a fair point. I saw it being used by a high end retailer with a good reputation - but they were using it for clearing overstock, not for main stream sales.

Yep.

I might also try a tent sale. I watched one of those lately.

It starts off announcing that we are going to sell (say) 100 boilers from a manufacturer. For the first 2 days, they are normal price less £20. Then for the second 2 days they are normal price less £40. Then for days 5 and 6, they are £60 off, and so on, up to £100 off.

The catch is - there is a limited number of each boiler, and you don't know how fast they are selling. So do you snap up a reasonable bargain at £60 off today, or wait for it to get to £100 off, but risk us running out?

Agree with Kevan. Not what I associate with a company of your calibre.

Little suggestion ray, adding links on the boilers to the manufacturers installation instructions for us :)

Little suggestion ray, adding links on the boilers to the manufacturers installation instructions for us :)

Yep, we are slowly adding links to the manufacturers sites - very slowly at the moment, because the same team are working flat out on the new price book, which contains a few surprises. ;)

But over time, we should add more and more links.

Ray

Yep, we are slowly adding links to the manufacturers sites - very slowly at the moment, because the same team are working flat out on the new price book, which contains a few surprises. ;)

But over time, we should add more and more links.

Ray

Offering press fit? Haha
or will you be finally stocking intergas ;)
OHHHH you've joined up with plumb centre?

Any news on the fittings packs yet Ray

:smile: certainly is. I was just intrigued. Also do you sell a MagnaClean pro2 chem pack I couldn't see one? Cheers as ever.

:smile: certainly is. I was just intrigued. Also do you sell a MagnaClean pro2 chem pack I couldn't see one? Cheers as ever.

No. They do make a pro 2 chemical pack, but won't do deals on it, so we don't stock it.

No. They do make a pro 2 chemical pack, but won't do deals on it, so we don't stock it.
thats such a shame. I really like the pro2 but will be buying all my boiler / central heating stuff from you guys going forward as I've had enough of my idiot merchant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sponsored thread - www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk BETA test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock