Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone recognise this? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have an old and quite long house with a gravity fed system. This item pictured I think is a pump or valve, it’s attached to the 22mm cold feed from attic tank to hot cylinder below. It is wired up to a 3 pin plug and on a timer! It’s not actually plugged in but when I do it just continuously runs? Does anyone know what it’s meant to be doing?

Attachments

• 49FE30A1-CFA5-47BB-9F2C-9A9F23058266.jpeg
    49FE30A1-CFA5-47BB-9F2C-9A9F23058266.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 36
I would agree thats a circulating pump difficulty to tell from pic but is it yellow painted?
If so could be a bronze pump though if it is on tank feed difficult to know why!

It would make dense for a Long House to have secondary circulation.
The return pipe must be Tee'd into the feed from CWS tank just above the pump.

Thanks for reply’s everyone, you are correct it’s the hot feed not cold. And yes a circulating pump would make sense as the house is quite long! Thanks again.

Reply to Anyone recognise this? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is my first post, so hello to everyone! We have a tap in our kitchen which has started leaking from the joystick cartridge - (though...
Replies
Views
Hi. I was Wondering if anyone can help I had a huge leak under my kitchen sink And where the bowl sink kit goes onto the outside pipe/waste I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock