Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss bend of the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kel4783

150220131010.jpg

its going through a stone wall to new extension then cliped with nail clips so bit of a easy one.

The best bit of pipe bending I ever saw was in a down stair toilet in an old country cottage.

The pipe must have been 4M long, and there was no way it would have got into the room, as it was a small room.

I've no idea how the bloke did it. But it ran all round this room, crossing over obstacles, and kicking as it needed to. All perfect.

I wasn't the only one to notice it. The joiner came back from using the loo and said, "have you seen that length of copper tube in there"?

I 'd love to be as good as the bloke who did it. I would save a fortune on fittings!!

I wish I'd taken a photo. Best thing was that it hadn't been painted so you could appreciate it for what it was!

Sad isn't it!

Your are one fine bender my friend :cheesy:!! I work on gas now no where near as many bends more 90 solder bends:(

is there a large pile of rejects out back? only green:devilish:

A few years back I had enough solder left to make one 22mm joint and I still had around 3m of pipework with about half a dozen bends to get the cylinder vent over the cold water storage cistern. I didn't have enough compression fittings to do it and I was an hour away from the merchant. It took me an age but I managed to do the whole thing with the bender. Never again though, I always make sure I've got a spare reel of solder with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bend of the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Is there a way of bending 22mm coated copper with a bender without stripping back the coating?
Replies
Views
L
So my toilet got blocked and none of the usual methods were working. I had a drain snake lying around in a kitchen drawer so thought I'd give it a...
Replies
Views
Evening All, We've just moved into gas boilers (after years doing gas) and are currently tooling up. On our first install we had problems bending...
Replies
Views
Could do with some advice, might be fitting some radiators for a family friend. I've done loads of freebies for friends and family and still...
Replies
Views
hi from Croatia One crazy plumber make many 90° piping for toilets drainage. I need to correct because i am suspicious that this setup can work...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock