Search the forum,

Discuss Can you use round flexi clay 2 pvc coupling on octagonal clay pipe? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Can i use the typical clay to pvc coupling which is round on this octagonal clay pipe?

Attachments

• orange_pipe1.jpg
    orange_pipe1.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 12
Sorry, my post on the weekend didn't load.

The pipe you have is old earthenware agi-drain.

The pipe was laid with gaps between the joints to allow ground water into the pipe.
It looks like it was buried in 20mm rock, which is normal.

It may also be a run-off drain from a septic tank also.
Do you or was there ever a septic tank installed at the property?

There's no point sealing up a joint, because there will be a gap between each section of pipe.

Where abouts are you located?
We have had an awful amount of rainfall for the last couple of months.

Does the drain look fairly clean of roots and debris on the inside, it may still be a functioning drain

Sorry, my post on the weekend didn't load.

The pipe you have is old earthenware agi-drain.

The pipe was laid with gaps between the joints to allow ground water into the pipe.
It looks like it was buried in 20mm rock, which is normal.

It may also be a run-off drain from a septic tank also.
Do you or was there ever a septic tank installed at the property?

There's no point sealing up a joint, because there will be a gap between each section of pipe.

Where abouts are you located?
We have had an awful amount of rainfall for the last couple of months.

Does the drain look fairly clean of roots and debris on the inside, it may still be a functioning drain
i see - interesting that the gaps are intentional.
i am in melbourne.
I am not aware of any septic tank.
My lawn has been getting wetter over the past year or so, it's only recently that i decided to dig things up.
When the pipes were exposed, i saw two places where water was gushing out. Given what you said now i understand that one is a real crack at the corner and the other is a genuine gap between joint.

to solve my wet lawn issue i was thinking of extending it with corrugated pipes to direct the water to the end of my lawn near the easement. would have have other solution?

Reply to Can you use round flexi clay 2 pvc coupling on octagonal clay pipe? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

How can you tell the difference between white pvc and ABS if the pipe has been cut in a way that doesn’t show the pipe details.
Replies
Views
Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build boxing to be able to fit the toilet to the wall (this will hold the concealed cistern). I bought a flexi 90deg pan connector for back-to-wall...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have seen people speaking of this and others not understanding. I have a leak in my pipe coming from the main. Attaching a new 1/2" coupling to the 1/2" pipe (blue pipe) is a problem as the coupling is larger than the pipe although both are 1/2". Most people do not realize that there are...
Replies
Views
I've just put a second tap out in the garden and ran that 1/2" pressure water pvc to do it. Down from the first one, underground, up to the second. The up and down runs exposed to the weather all the time. Is that going to be alright or I should clad them or paint them or something, protect...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to purchase this part, if anyone has one or can point to to where I can purchase one then I would be grateful, as local to NN10 would be ideal. 3/8" x 1/2", MPT x FPT Connection, PVC Construction Thanks all.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock