Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Cheaper but good quality alternatives to Vaillant 937? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

Just doing a quote and have been asked to quote for a Vaillant 937 but also a cheaper option if possible. Any suggestions please?

Alpha do the cb50 which outperforms the 937. The only problem is its a whole unit whereas the 937 can be hung in two parts.
The alpha is definitely a two man lift so bear that in mind:)

Thanks guys.

How do the Viesmann and Alpha compare in quality? Not had much to do with either make..

No direct experience fitting either, have worked on both and would pick the Viesmann from the 2 though it looked very heavy (Large), and you would require a unvented ticket to fit / work on it due to size of hot water store.

Worcester 34 CDI Classic? They've dropped in price since the release of the compact.

Worcester 34 CDI Classic? They've dropped in price since the release of the compact.
Ricky the boilers above have internal stores, like the WB 440 & 550, but the others are wall hung, not floor boilers

Just doing a quote and have been asked to quote for a Vaillant 937 but also a cheaper option if possible. Any suggestions please?
The viessman is more expensive than the 937 pal, and the aplha is massive, stick with the 937

alpha are not great,plastic throughout which is proving to be a pita and expensive spares a service kit inc a combustion gasket is 58 quid

You may have sorted this already but I have experience of all three. Here goes:

Alpha is wall mounted is a defo two man lift and has the dimensions of a washing machine 600 wide and 900 high depth is about 500. They do work well and I have serviced a few but not aware of any issues but parts for Alpha are horrendously expensive.

Veisssman is a fantastic unit but it is expensive and is a floor stander the size of a fridge freezer. In addition to the boiler cost you need to order a pipe kit either rear side entry or vertical. It is pretty much a boiler and invented cylinder in one casing the cylinder is ceramic.

The Vaillant is basically an 837 with booster tanks that blend the hot water. The only issue with the Vaillant is it looked odd on the wall because it sticks out about 655mm from memory and is the same width and height of a standard 837.

Performance wise Veissmann, Alpha then the 937 the latter will give you enough oomph for two showers if that's what you trying to achieve. It will fill a bath PDQ as well. Recovery time is about 2_3 minutes. I don't think you need a G3 ticket for any of them. My choice is the Vaillant after that I used the Veissmann even instead of system and unvented where possible it looks much better and price comparable. The Alpha is the easiest to fit once you've got it on the wall. Another option from Alpha is the flowsmart done a few of those as well but you need a bit of space under the boiler it does all fit in a full size floor to ceiling kitchen unit.

Hope this helps.

for me I would go for a glowworm ultracom 35 store. Out performs the 937, and cheaper. Need G3 cert to fit it as store is over 15 litres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cheaper but good quality alternatives to Vaillant 937? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock