Discuss Chlorination of 63mm mdpe incoming cold mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our guys who install the main network on sites have to chlorinate their tools as they work & are not allowed to work if they have some every day infections.
I was not aware of any of this until I started this new job. Every days a school day.

What sort of works are you involved in Chris?

Bet their interesting to deal with? Good luck with that! only interested as you seem up to date with most regs I wondered if you taught at a college.

Thanks for all your responses guys, all i can say is all this regulations is all :nono:!! What difference does it matter if the pipe is 20mm or 63mm, its still pipe and it carries the same water. I'm going to look into it and with the help of the custard( very clever man, up in society....wink wink) write up a certificate and following bs6700, we'll take the samples to be analyzed and then submit our findings. I think they'll find it hard pressed to say no with our combined experience/ qualifications.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all your responses guys, all i can say is all this regulations is all :nono:!! What difference does it matter if the pipe is 20mm or 63mm, its still pipe and it carries the same water. I'm going to look into it and with the help of the custard( very clever man, up in society....wink wink) write up a certificate and following bs6700, we'll take the samples to be analyzed and then submit our findings. I think they'll find it hard pressed to say no with our combined experience/ qualifications.

its classed as commercial so could be used where the public is involved etc so everything is safety safety cover arse time :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all your responses guys, all i can say is all this regulations is all B@llocks!! What difference does it matter if the pipe is 20mm or 63mm, its still pipe and it carries the same water. I'm going to look into it and with the help of the custard( very clever man, up in society....wink wink) write up a certificate and following bs6700, we'll take the samples to be analyzed and then submit our findings. I think they'll find it hard pressed to say no with our combined experience/ qualifications.

I guess you haven't dealt with many Water Undertakers about new supplies in your time than bogrodder, I would advise against that type of approach, they don't seem to care a tinkers-cus that you are the customer (whoever that may be) unless you play by their rules they simple will not connect you.

BTW, BS6700 has been replaced now with BS EN 806 parts 1 - 5 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chlorination of 63mm mdpe incoming cold mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all This is only about my third/fourth post, so go easy. Also, I'm only an enthusiastic amateur, not a pro... I'm having issues with the...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
S
Evening peeps, Ive been asked to carry out the work on a 7/8 bed new build, now usually when i do new builds the incoming...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
U
Hi, I'm looking for some advice as I'm worried my builder / plumber are going to leave me with inadequate plumbing / hot water at the end of a...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock