Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Concreted Waste Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
bd307183cb26edfbaf0898d923483888.jpg

So the elbow pan connector has been cemented into this 6 or 7 inch pipe and not set straight so pan is emptying slowly and I have to fix it.

So after taking the toilet out, how is best to get the pan connector and concrete out?

SDS chisel?

Also, a lot of concrete will end up going down the pipe, any way of stopping this or making sure not much ends up down the pipe.. I dont want to cause a blockage...

Cheers in advance

You could cut the flexi off level & stuff a newspaper down inside it and drill only with an ordinary drill with masonry bit & on drill mode only. Got to go easy. Once you get one part straight down cleared, the rest should fall away from the sewer pipe easy

Is there a reducer/converter available to go between the pan connector and the sewer pipe?

Is there a reducer/converter available to go between the pan connector and the sewer pipe?

no sorry nothing for that pipe/ connection

why do you need to take the flexi out ?

Nice long rubber gauntlet, Stanley knife the flexi out, black rubble bag filled with ASDA bags down the drain to catch anything and drill NOT hammer the concrete out once you get a piece out the rest should just fall way

Are you sure that is a 6" pipe?
A 4" clay sewer pipe will be about 6" at a joint. On that point - if you do ever break the joint end, you can simply cut the clay pipe below the joint and use a straight extension piece to push into the 4" pipe & then a pan 90degree bend

no sorry nothing for that pipe/ connection

why do you need to take the flexi out ?

Unless I can straighten the pan connector so the water isn't rising as it leaves the pan I have no choice but to remove it and rebuild it...

Or is there another way to do this?

A 4" clay sewer pipe will be about 6" at a joint. On that point - if you do ever break the joint end, you can simply cut the clay pipe below the joint and use a straight extension piece to push into the 4" pipe & then a pan 90degree bend

or even better use a drain connector slightly bigger than a pan connector

Ohhh,

So thats what they've done then, put a 4" flexi down the clay pipe and filled the 6" joint with cement... Makes sense now.

So all I'd need to do then is remove the flexi and do as stated above without removing the joint.. Refill joint if necessary.

No?

Ohhh,

So thats what they've done then, put a 4" flexi down the clay pipe and filled the 6" joint with cement... Makes sense now.

So all I'd need to do then is remove the flexi and do as stated above without removing the joint.. Refill joint if necessary.

No?

yes should but we all know there are bodgers out there so might be just a cut flexi tail :D

That's a four inch cast iron pipe collar your looking at ....as stated drill out with a small masonry bit dig out the concrete and remove the flexible ....check out a McAlpine con q pan connector or prompt cement a piece of 4" soil pipe into the collar obviously cut to suit and use a bent multikwik a 21/90 or 31/90 ....regards Turnpin:

No need to drill just cut the flex I push a sackdown and knock towards centre with hammer and chisel unless you hit the cast it will not break the cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Concreted Waste Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock