Discuss DIY Gas Fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
for example a family friend of mine worked in gas for 50 years, he taught at Bg and helped set up acops and ACS, his acs is out of date, is he competent?
I totally agree, which is why my last sentence was:
"the definition of competent is open to interpretation in court and isn't as simple as 'is on the gas safe register'. If it was that simple then anyone not on the register shouldn't have a need to buy those things."

I think it should be controlled, and limited to competent people. But how you define a competent person though needs to be more than 'paid for a test this year'. As for how that could be enforced, no idea.

sorry, missed that bit

i dont see the issue tbh with selling them to anyone

Aspirin can kill its a mistake to think it can't, Heroin is class A but not addictive funnily enough.

Are we to see electrical Kitchen appliance sales restricted to Part P sparks only?

Competence has not been tested that it is true, but I doubt any court would say an ex Gas fitter was incompetent.

If people are educated to the proper use of gas they probably will not DIY unless competent in their own homes.

Lets be honest you do not get many people wanting to fly aeroplanes without training they know its dangerous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aspirin can kill its a mistake to think it can't, Heroin is class A but not addictive funnily enough.

Are we to see electrical Kitchen appliance sales restricted to Part P sparks only?

Competence has not been tested that it is true, but I doubt any court would say an ex Gas fitter was incompetent.

If people are educated to the proper use of gas they probably will not DIY unless competent in their own homes.

Lets be honest you do not get many people wanting to fly aeroplanes without training they know its dangerous.

please explain

please explain
There's a commonly held belief that pure heroin isn't addictive, and it is only once it hits the streets and has other stuff mixed in that it becomes nasty. This isn't true but heroin isn't the 'one hit and you're hooked' kind of drug it is often made out to be.
I think this belief lives in the same place as the belief that a duck's quack doesn't have an echo :)

I don't believe for one second that after one fix your addicted, but to say that heroin is not addictive when it clearly is, is misleading. It is said that nicotine is more addictive than heroin, but if you know any smack heads then you would know that they are addicted and go to extremes to get their next fix

Last edited:
Hmm!

The information that it is none addictive came from a television program that interviewed medical people and it was they said it was not addictive not me. Of course if we have any doctors reading the mails we may get a better view. Apparently the addiction is the risk involved in the life style of Heroine use, not the drug itself, I suppose you could say they where an "Adrenalin junky" not a Heroin addict. But being an ordinary man it seems to be all the same to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DIY Gas Fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have recently passed the ACS Gas Qualifications, joined the Gas Safe register and have passed the initial probation meeting with...
Replies
Views
H
Hello, I am hoping you can help or advise on the following... I am a mechanical/hydraulic offshore engineer and i'm about to be made...
Replies
Views
rubix_909
R
J
I say 'engineers' but is that actually true in the strictest sense of the word? I guess that depends on how you interpret the work of a Plumber...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
D
Read the article especially HSE Inspectors view A Lincolnshire plumber has been prosecuted for carrying out illegal gas work after a couple...
Replies
Views
G
hi guys,id like to say hi as im a newbie and enjoying reading all the posts new and previous and have a few questions! im 31 and have been a car...
Replies
Views
PlumbingBud
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock