Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Fitting a Blanking Cap to a redundant waste pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello folks

I have what seems to be a standard 40mm white PVC pipe that used to hold the washing machine drain hose, which I wanted to cap off to avoid any water overflowing from (as my kitchen drainage seem to get blocked up easily, and it will probably be replaced within the next year).
I bought a McAlpine T23U as, according to Wickes it fits a 40mm pipe, but it seems very loose on the end of the pipe. I notice from McAlpine's technical drawing https://mcalpineplumbing.com/sites/default/files/uploads/drawings/T23U.pdf that it shows a 44.5mm internal diameter for the cap, which explains why it feels loose.
Have I bought the wrong thing, or should I have glued/siliconed the end of the pipe into the cap ?

Have you tightened the fitting ?

Reply to Fitting a Blanking Cap to a redundant waste pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Bit of advice needed. Waste water pipe from bathroom sink came loose last night caused some water damage to ceiling below. My question...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm in the process of fitting my freestanding bath. The supplied waste chrome pipe that runs into the floor is an unusual diameter -...
Replies
Views
Hi I fitted a bath/shower 12 years ago and a few months ago it developed a leak. It was basically at a coupler on 40mm solvent where my new...
Replies
Views
Ordered a Mira flight level shower tray and it has come with a shower waste with markings "Pivotal Kohler". It has two compression outlets, one on...
Replies
Views
Hi please can you advise on which waste pipes I will need to connect a dishwasher? The existing pipe is coming up out of the floor at 90 degrees...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock