Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting parts bought by c/m off ebay. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 56158

Evening all, been to look at an Alpha HE CB33 combi today, (c/m's has intermittent water fault) My question is not regarding the fault, but rather that he want to supply the part(cheaper) sourced on good old eBay, I'm a little reticent fitting parts from God knows where and wondered what your thoughts were. How do I stand if it's not correct /faulty and causes further complications down the road.

Evening all, been to look at an Alpha HE CB33 combi today, (c/m's has intermittent water fault) My question is not regarding the fault, but rather that he want to supply the part(cheaper) sourced on good old eBay, I'm a little reticent fitting parts from God knows where and wondered what your thoughts were. How do I stand if it's not correct /faulty and causes further complications down the road.
I'd say be clear from the off and if you can put it in writing, such as I will charge x amount to fit the part. If the part you supplied is faulty I will then change x amount to change etc

I would second that but add that if the part proves faulty and causes harm or property damage you are in no way responsible as you have not sourced the part.

If it is a genuine part, then what is the issue. Obviously, you cannot be held reponsible for ant parts or labour costs in the event of failure. if the part is not genuine, then you ought tobe casreful, as MI's generally state ony genparts to be fitted. i would only bring this up with safety related components - fans, valves PCB's etc.

Not all things from ebay are crap, lots of reputable companies sell on eBay you just need to make sure it has the relevant part number and look out for different numbers that say it matches the original, that's the ones I stay away from, but I use ebay myself sometimes and never had a problem,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting parts bought by c/m off ebay. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Evening all First off a big hello from a sparky to all you fellow Plumbers/Gas Engineers out there. I'm not here to say who's better than who...
Replies
Views
I've been shopping around for boiler parts, I don't want to go into specifics but I'm finding my local Pts or Plumb centre is charging around 3x...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
B
Hi all, First post so hello and thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me. We have a Baxi 105e combi boiler that about 2 weeks ago...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock