Discuss Flexi Pan connextor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coly

In the process of installing a new WC, which I would like to shift around 9" to one side. this rules out using the standard pan connectors (present soil pipe is fed up through a solid concrete floor).Would really have to use the flexi jones, though I keep reading horror stories about them especially after a period of time has elasped.

OK I thought, once I've put the flexi in why not wrap the flexi with glass fibre matting, or have I been reading too many posts!.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks in advance

A lot of people do not like them and I only use when have to but having said that I have a bent flexi on mine to allow it to be pulled out,did it eight years ago and still like brand new and have had no issues with damage or restrictions, it was a good quality one though, have seen some of the newer ones and seem very flimsy and thin
Which is another issue as if they let through day light if in the open and on the ground floor they attract vermin up from the drain if any about for a good nor hopefully not on your bum !!:eek:

As a foot note do not think fibre glass would stick to the plastic they are made from, maybe wrong but would not have thought so :(

a firm around here has stopped using them as they been getting blocked with the corrigations not allowing correct flow - but i'd challenge anyone to show me how to fit the closed off pans against a wall without one.....

as said realy just make sure you use a quality one like mc alpine

i agree there are different levels of quality out there macalpine is a quality make

steve

Thanks very much for all your replies - will go and track down these mcalpine ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexi Pan connextor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back