Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, I already have that ecoworm, do you think you could tell me what harm to health sheet lead can cause? thank you.

its along the lines of lead poisoning,

Best bet is decent barrier cream or gloves, defo gloves when carrying it

It is also very sharp and cuts easily which catches people out as they see it as soft and do not expect it the be able to cut easily

My tip is to cut the courners off a touch, just incase

Thank you, I already have that ecoworm, do you think you could tell me what harm to health sheet lead can cause? thank you.

ECOWARM NOT WORM!
Yes lead is harmful please see here [DLMURL="http://www.leadsheetassociation.org.uk/html/1212.html"]The Lead Sheet Association // Health & Safety[/DLMURL]

and here
http://www.leadroof.org.uk/pubs/LSA A5 Brochure.pdf

We used to drink a pint of milk after a day working and burning (welding) lead sheet.
H&S is a bit different now, but that was 30yrs ago!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you a student Huley being a bit lazy and looking for the answers to be given you rather than looking them up,if so the only person you are cheating is yourself.
Post what you think and we can comment on your answers if that helps :)

Or just vicar worried about the health of those blokes on the roof last night ))

Sorry about that ecowarm, and yes I am a student, I'm doing some work for my portfolio, and the sheet lead write up is the only one which is causing me problems because I'm not sure on how to word it.

Sorry about that ecowarm, and yes I am a student, I'm doing some work for my portfolio, and the sheet lead write up is the only one which is causing me problems because I'm not sure on how to word it.

GOOGLE is your friend and while looking, you're learning.
No google when I was an apprentice!
Lots of info on the net.
Good luck.

ECOWARM NOT WORM!
Yes lead is harmful please see here [DLMURL="http://www.leadsheetassociation.org.uk/html/1212.html"]The Lead Sheet Association // Health & Safety[/DLMURL]

and here
http://www.leadroof.org.uk/pubs/LSA A5 Brochure.pdf

We used to drink a pint of milk after a day working and burning (welding) lead sheet.
H&S is a bit different now, but that was 30yrs ago!

Hi Ecowarm
See you are from lincs,did you use to work in one of the the Humber bank factories
I served my time there,used to come out of the tanks with back teeth from acid you breathed in and lead all over you,just towards end started using breathing equipment,
Used to go out at night and start sweeting and all the white chemical pigments used to come out of your glands that had been soaked up all day
If you were taking a lass out,would get over all her cloths (hopefully )..yeh the good old days

Hi puddle
No never did the lead in tanks on the bank but we did mostly roof work domestic and ross foods etc.
I've seen the tank work at Ciba... very enclosed I think you'd need more than a pint of milk after that!!!
You wasn't at Laports was you?

Hi puddle
No never did the lead in tanks on the bank but we did mostly roof work domestic and ross foods etc.
I've seen the tank work at Ciba... very enclosed I think you'd need more than a pint of milk after that!!!
You wasn't at Laports was you?

Did bits at Laports,but mostly works for a company that was a big sub contractor to titans,now closed of course,bought by its competitor run down and closed,another uk industry gone,mind you ,a few of its ex employees have probably lived a bit longer,all be it on the dole !!
as said the place must have supplied a lot of milk a day
strange how time change,down the road at the steel works,they use to give vouchers for 3 to 5 pints of larger a day to some of its workers ,to help replace the fluid they lost during the day,working next to to furnaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock