Search the forum,

Discuss How wide to go? Radiator under window. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone đź‘‹

I am getting a secondary rad put in under our windows. The first one is a double panel with fins. This is to try and boost a little as room gets slightly chilly in winter. I've looked at the calcs online, and I think a single panel with fins, type 11, should do the trick. I thought the type 11 is better because it'll not stick out as much.

Anyway. My question is then how wide should I go for aesthetics. The 300 X 1400 has been suggested, as it'll align neatly with the middle window. But I notice there is a 300 X 2000 option in this range.

What do you think visually looks best? I don't want it to dominate, but then I also don't want it looking pokey

Attachments

• IMG-20230620-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230620-WA0004.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-20230620-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230620-WA0003.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 18
Tbh I would go either type 21 eg p+ or type 22 eg k2

Type 11 or k1 arnt worth it unless your very tight on space eg hallway etc

3x12 or 3x14 would be the most I would go with

Thank you ShaunC - I think I might go for the type 21 1400 wide. Good to know that about the type 11. A family member straight away recommended I get a type 10, no fins... He said it'd be cheaper to run and flush to the wall. The plumber said 21 or 22, although I think 22 probably is too much. The room is 3.2 by 4.6 roughly speaking, so not huge but equally not tiny

Roughly I get the heat loss to around 2000w ish

1400x 300

21 will give you approximately 800w
22 will give you approximately 1kw

One plumber suggested getting a Stelrad 450 X 1600 K2 and then replacing the existing 600 X 1200 P+ with a smaller Stelrad 600 X 600 as boost.

The other plumber suggested adding the 300 x 1400 (from VictorianPlumbing), type 11 although at my direction. They would install other products as needed.

What’s the height from skirting to moulding?

Reply to How wide to go? Radiator under window. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Having now finished all the wiring, plastering, laying the floor and spending 6 solid weeks and many thousands of £££’s completely gutting and re-fitting the kitchen , I find I’m unable to get a like for like (in dimensions) replacement radiator. Initially we wanted a black double panel rad. No...
Replies
Views
Hi guys and gals, I'm looking to try to change from a Y-plan to an S-plan-plus this year to have a heated bathroom. While the house isn't that large, a mixture of south-facing brick and north-facing (and Jerry-built) timber frame construction means no single thermostat will cut the muster...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I bought this 1500mm X 800mm X 30mm grey slate shower tray. https://www.sonasbathrooms.com/en/slate-1500-x-800-shower-tray-black-with-free-shower-waste.html It will be installed on a raised bed of 2.5 inch concrete blocks, and I might put a sheet of 18mm Marine Plywood on top of...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, We currently have 3 old radiators in our living room, the room feels cold in winter and radiators take ages to get warm, system has been power flushed and new pump fitted, so want to replace the radiators. The room is 5.7 x 4.9m x 2.5m but heat vents upstairs to a landing with no radiator...
Replies
Views
I know it's a bit of a bizarre one perhaps but we have an opening between our conservatory and kitchen where a patio door used to be. Yes we did the conservatory under building regs and did the best we could with it but the heat loss through the coldest couple of months of the year drags the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock