Discuss HRM Wallstar Oil Boiler - Advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

From what I've seen, heard and read I'm still leaning towards a pump issue. I'm not saying it is but it's what I'd run a couple tests on first. To prove or disprove ignition and atomization things have to be done but I'm not going to say what. It could be air related as well but I'm not convinced.
I cant say anymore, from here on in it needs a decent engineer with good experience and the right gear.

Have you taken the burner out before?

If you have, take it out and take a picture looking down the blast tube. Make sure you unplug coil or turn it all off.

From what I've seen, heard and read I'm still leaning towards a pump issue. I'm not saying it is but it's what I'd run a couple tests on first. To prove or disprove ignition and atomization things have to be done but I'm not going to say what. It could be air related as well but I'm not convinced.
I cant say anymore, from here on in it needs a decent engineer with good experience and the right gear.
Ok no probs, thank you for your help.
Going to give someone local a ring tomorrow for advice before getting them to come visit.
[automerge]1580669298[/automerge]
Have you taken the burner out before?

If you have, take it out and take a picture looking down the blast tube. Make sure you unplug coil or turn it all off.
No never taken burner out before. Although I work as a mechanical fitter im not confident with taking burner apart.

No problem, respect somebody who knows there limits.

Was the nozzle changed at the last service?

Whereabouts in the country are you?

Fool the photocell into seeing light once burner fires and see if burner continues to fire while photocell out. Handy on Sterling burners.
That will prove flame is poor for some reason or photocell had obstructed view.
Does sound like flame burn is barely making it

Fool the photocell into seeing light once burner fires and see if burner continues to fire while photocell out. Handy on Sterling burners.
That will prove flame is poor for some reason or photocell had obstructed view.
Does sound like flame burn is barely making it
Boiler started up 1st attempt this morning.......

I did try this awhile ago. I think when I removed photocell burner continued running but when I covered photocell it shutdown if my memory serves me correctly.
[automerge]1580746973[/automerge]
Took burner unit off and had a look. I’ve attached photos. Tip of nozzle is damp with oil.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 8365299F-E148-4661-B898-EDBFE74587C6.jpeg
    8365299F-E148-4661-B898-EDBFE74587C6.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 26955CB1-FDE4-4290-8B4B-A3ACEBE49685.jpeg
    26955CB1-FDE4-4290-8B4B-A3ACEBE49685.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Reply to HRM Wallstar Oil Boiler - Advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up...
Replies
Views
Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back