Search the forum,

Discuss Incoming gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richo106

Hi,

I am in the process of converting my integral garage and the Incoming gas pipe from the metre is on a wall that needs to be plasterboardsd, I was going to use 38mm battens to space the plasterboard off the wall to miss the pipe. Is this legal/within the regs? Is there another way of doing this?

All help greatly appreciated

Thanks

You need to seek a Gas Safe Engineer who can come and advise you on site, there are lots of issues with what you are proposing to do which can't be fully addressed here & yes they are covered by the Gas Regs (Law)

As above. You need advice. If your boxing gas pipe in a void there are specific regs re ventilation requirements and more....
Call in an engineer.

As above. But you are correct to ask, we just can't answer you.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Incoming gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and screed floor. There is a gas servile pipe under the floor which enters the property below the joists at the front of the house and comes up under the...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock