Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Incompatible Pipe Adapters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to understand mains water pipe adapter sizes. Maybe I'm missing something, but here goes:

I have 32mm plastic water pipe feeding the property. I need to step this down to 28mm plastic pipe to feed each floor and then 22mm round each floor.

Looking round the internet, every plumbing website seems to list 32mm x 25mm and 32mm x 20mm adaptors, but not 32mm x 28mm.

I have never come across 25mm or 20mm pipe anywhere. Do 32mm x 28mm adaptors not exist, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Thanks

I'm looking to understand mains water pipe adapter sizes. Maybe I'm missing something, but here goes:

I have 32mm plastic water pipe feeding the property. I need to step this down to 28mm plastic pipe to feed each floor and then 22mm round each floor.

Looking round the internet, every plumbing website seems to list 32mm x 25mm and 32mm x 20mm adaptors, but not 32mm x 28mm.

I have never come across 25mm or 20mm pipe anywhere. Do 32mm x 28mm adaptors not exist, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Thanks

You are confusing water-main sizes with domestic pipe sizes.

MDPE (Water main) comes in 20mm, 25mm 32mm and so on. Fittings designed for MDPE will always therefore be variations on this.

Domestic plumbing is done in 15mm, 22, 28mm etc.

The change usually occurs at the stopcock, so the commonest transitions are 20mm x 15mm stopcocks, 25mm x 22mm stopcocks etc.

Thank you both - now makes sense

(although it begs the question why there should be a difference between mains water and domestic water pipes - why not make them all the same size ranges to avoid so many variations?)

(although it begs the question why there should be a difference between mains water and domestic water pipes - why not make them all the same size ranges to avoid so many variations?)

Inertia. Once you have an national water infrastructure set up, its in no-one's interests to be the first to change. And it works just fine to be honest.

32mm poly to 1" bsp then to an1" male or female to 28mm compression ?

Thank you both - now makes sense

Internal diameter. Plastic is thicker so is larger in size.

Thanks

Speedfit....

John Guest Speedfit - The World Leader in Push-fit Fittings, Pipe and Plastic Plumbing Systems - PE-COPPER COUPLER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Incompatible Pipe Adapters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In...
Replies
Views
Morning All, Just after some advice as I have been asked to plumb in a sink and washing machine waste for a new kitchenette. The other side of the...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in...
Replies
Views
Hello. I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to be able to learn some things as well as contribute as best I can. This might seem like an odd...
Replies
Views
Hello folks I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock