Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss JG speed 22 to 15 reducer for compression? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gungaabayar

Hi All,

trying to put 22mm auto bypass valve (compression fit) into 15 mm pipe system (in very tight place)

Can I use JGSpeedfit 22 to 15 reducer as shown on the photo, and is it safe enough?
Olive and 22mm plastic end are little loose,

obviously it makes my job much easier if I can use it?

cheers

Attachments

• ABV.jpg
    ABV.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

trying to put 22mm auto bypass valve (compression fit) into 15 mm pipe system (in very tight place)

Can I use JGSpeed 22 to 15 reducer as shown on the photo, and is it safe enough?
Olive and 22mm plastic end are little loose,

obviously it would be much easier if I can use it?

cheers

Good morning,

me personally I wouldn't recommend push fit just because of my experience. I just like more rigid stuffs solder etc. I do not know how good it will seal and for how long for therefore I attend using different materials

but do not over tighten the nut as its plastic.

as snoopy8888 said it will be fine, if you want you can tighten it up to compress the olive then loosen off and wrap some ptfe tape round the olive for peace of mind.

Hi
how can I shorten this connection which goes to 15mm pipes (without any pushfits)?
impossible to soldering both end of the 15mm end, but can do soldering on 22 pipe side,

is there any reducer or coupler (dnt know exact name) which is like one end is 15mm compression and other end is just plain 22MM pipe which can be used for compression fitting.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 25
This is from MI

Usual working Maximum working Maximum working
temperature ºC temperature ºC pressure, bar

Cold Water 20 20 12
(indirect and direct mains

Central Heating 82 105 short term 3
malfunction at 114

Hot Water 65 95 6
(including unvented cylinders)

Bump. Bump. Bump

Steve.

I'm interested to know myself.

I think gungaabayer would also like to know.
From memory this was last weekends DIY project.
Or was that another project????

It's a 3 part fitting, a brass bush which goes into the 22mm comp fitting, an olive, then a shorter brass bush which the comp nut tightens up against, which inturn, compresses the olive like a normal comp fitting
If I haven't explained well enough, as soon as you see the fitting it will make sense

There's a single part fitting that collapses onto the pipe when you tighten up the compression fitting here:
Reducing Set 22 - 15mm | Compression Reducing | NoLinkingToThis
Just need the usual 22mm olive; 15mm pipe into 22mm fitting.

If space is really tight then could also use a slip coupling Compression Repair Fitting 15 x 100mm | Compression Sundries | NoLinkingToThis

That way you can put one part in then slid it along.

Hi again

because of lack of space can I connect the Auto bypass valve in this way in which so much bend involved? have a look the drawing attached,
all this bends affect the valve as well as whole system or not?

(might be stupid idea)

cheers

Attachments

• d1dfc97b8f25e7f08ad2af48789d67431ed9405e81c8332da8ae90937eceb8c3.jpg
    d1dfc97b8f25e7f08ad2af48789d67431ed9405e81c8332da8ae90937eceb8c3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 37
Get someone in its obviously not diy, if you struggle fitting how are you going to set it?

Got to agree with Stani. There comes a point where you have to accept your limitations....

Hi again

because of lack of space can I connect the Auto bypass valve in this way in which so much bend involved? have a look the drawing attached,
all this bends affect the valve as well as whole system or not?

(might be stupid idea)

cheers

Needs a bit more of a re pipe to avoid un necessary bends as others have said i would get someone in and save your self the trouble and headache

Hi all again

things went not too bad,
bought compression internal reducer from wicks ([DLMURL="http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Compression-Internal-Reducer-22-x-15mm/p/420222"]Wickes Compression Internal Reducer 22 x 15mm | Wickes.co.uk[/DLMURL]) it works very easy. no need reducing coupler. The fitting may look awkward but the ABV worked like a charm.

just wondering do I need to mount this odd fitting into the wall to play safe? or is it ok?

thanks guys everybody who helped me through this forum

many thanks

Attachments

• BypassValveFit.jpg
    BypassValveFit.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 15
A bit of a detour... Should work tho as longs it's pointing the correct way...

Good grief! Was there no movement in the existing pipes?
You could have used an angled bypass valve, though it still would have needed copper bent

Good grief! Was there no movement in the existing pipes?
You could have used an angled bypass valve, though it still would have needed copper bent

Dont feel anymovent,
Tried to put angled bypass valve but the adjustment head needed to go other way around or upside down, so sticked with straight one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to JG speed 22 to 15 reducer for compression? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Are JG Speed fit fittings compatible with most 15mm plastic pipe? I want to swap out the tees and replace with JG Speedfit. Mainly because I'm...
Replies
Views
T
I have recently moved house and would like to move a radiator from a side wall, to one below the window as is more pleasing to the eye. I...
Replies
Views
Hope someone can suggest where I should looking to resolve this one... I have a Bosch 30Cdi regular boiler on an S plan system with a 180L...
Replies
Views
Need to replace a 20+ year combi boiler (doesn't work), it is in a 65 sq m (2 bedroom 1 bath/shower) flat on a second floor of a Victorian house...
Replies
Views
I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to work out the best approach to fitting valves to my new towel rail, but i just don’t have the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock