Discuss Leak in Airing Cupboard Tank in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

The pipework around the hot water tank in the airing cupboard has developed several leaks after a chemical flush.

It's an open vented system.

Any ideas on controlling or fixing the leak?

Should I turn off the red valve (pic 1) that has a leak next to it and rundown the hot water?

Pic 2 a vertical pipe has also developed a leak at the top. Black water is dripping out.

Unfortunately there is still black water in the system after the chemical flush.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 20230831_232555.jpg
    20230831_232555.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 20230831_232603.jpg
    20230831_232603.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 23
Have you tried closing the air tap a bit more eg the brass by the towels

Reply to Leak in Airing Cupboard Tank in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
Z
I'm trying to remove the zone valve ion vented tank and the tank started leaking around the joint. I was hoping to just run the tank with...
Replies
Views
zacwithleak
Z
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock