Discuss Megoflo has no tundish! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Gas Engineer
When I had the unvented course, the discharge was an important part, but recently i have seen two 'Megaflo' system with no Tundish, the 15mm discharge pipe is directly to outside, is this ok or a cowboy job?

cheers

its part of the kit and MI say it must be fitted etc etc etc

really should have a tundish as a means of seeing when prv and tprv etc., are letting by so that symptoms can be sorted

yes that is what i am thinking, first time when i saw this i thought 'oh, cowboy job!' , then today i saw another one with no tundish, i am thinking 'oh, maybe it is ok?'...

G3 states the tundish should be within 500mm of the safety devices, the pipework D2 should be at least one size bigger, it should be in the same location as the cylinder and the pipework should discharge to a safe place. Unfortunatley there is no one to complain to unless some one gets badly burned, explosion or other when HSE would get involved

the thing is, if the customers don't know that a tundish is required they won't see anything wrong with the installation.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as a regulation of discharge it's not law, but if that regulation is cited in the Approved Docs, then it becomes statutory law- and this is reportable. The householder/tenant is the 'responsible' person and must point towards the installer to rectify or they themselves are liable. It is a danger to whomsoever is occupying the property and potentially neighbours/visitors too.

When I had the unvented course, the discharge was an important part, but recently i have seen two 'Megaflo' system with no Tundish, the 15mm discharge pipe is directly to outside, is this ok or a cowboy job?

cheers

Whoevr did these jobs is either not G£ qualified and doesn't know what a tundish is or they did the job and realised later and couldn't be bothered installing it. The D" pipe has to be minimum of 22mm anyway did you say it was in 15mm?? If so is there two one PRV & One TRV? or are both tee'd to 15mm/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megoflo has no tundish! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Just discovered water is constantly dripping out of the tundish (noticed from the overflow pipe outside dripping…) I beleive it’s coming from the...
Replies
Views
GrahamSE1
G
Morning All I have a Megaflo unvented cylinder . Water had been dripping into the tundish so I tried to recharge the air gap, but when I went to...
Replies
Views
Hi, hope someone can help with this. My central heating system has a Worcester gas combi boiler, paired with a nest thermostat and a megaflo...
Replies
Views
Am I right in thinking this is an aav, never seen one looking like this one before but it is on a old megaflo unvented system mk2. The heating...
Replies
Views
For over a week the kitchen sink is leaking water from what I think is called tundish ( I thought is was called overflow but little google search...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock