Discuss need to loose some weight in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
any suggestions how to ? dont take the p.....

A good clear out of the toolbox always makes mine much lighter! It's surprised how much it all adds up!

Make a big pot of pea and ham soup and live on just that alone for a week. Trust me, you will lose weight.

Cut out all the takeaways, and snacks, I done this lastyear and went from 16.5 stone to 13.5 stone in three months

Move into the top floor of a block of flats and sabotage the lift.

i am going to break in to Toms house over the weekend and will get one :)

Honestly I have one and will give it a go tomorrow , I think but not sure

Take the fuse out your Stannah Stair Lift?

Eat healthy and do a lot of running, jogging, cycling etc.

I'm in the same boat as you stan.

I was twelve stone 10 weeks ago, then I stopped smoking, now I'm thirteen and a half stone.

Ive always had little pot belly, but I was never fat. Now I've got a larger belly and I've gone fatter in the face and its horrible.

I had new snickers trousers before Xmas from work, they fit perfectly, now I can't do them up :-(

an oap customer called me "a little fatty" the other day while I was trying to get into a loft :-(

i know I'm eating loads of sweets at the minute which I need to cut out, but I'm looking for ways to trim down to my old weight.

an oap customer called me "a little fatty" the other day while I was trying to get into a loft :-(
Cracked me up that ^ :lol:

I'm on a health kick at the mo. started jogging and cycling.

I used to be pretty fit before but got fatter over the years. If you do go for jogging etc then make sure you get good trainers and don't try and push it too far to early as an injury in our game ain't good!

Go swimming and try badminton.

LOL badminton, I meant squash.

Just cut out all the crap. I've lost over a stone since Christmas without even trying. Also tried to cut down on the beer and smaller helpings at meal times.

We've cut a lot of meat out of our diet, been finding some really tasty veggie meals. We just have meat as a treat once or twice a week. We also cut out the snacks. Rarely have takeaways.

And also been taking the dogs for a lot more walks....... Which is agony when your knees are shot.......

How much weight are you looking to lose? Don't bother with any tablets and potions though.. One thing you could consider cutting out if you drink them is full fat coke or equivalent fizzy drinks... that alone will make a big difference if you currently drink 2-3 of those in a day..

Tbh I waight about 18 stones and would like to get down to 13-14 ! I hardly ever drink coke , fanta and all of them ... my Maine drink is fresh water
mi do Sri k some nights about 2-3 small bottles of beer or 100mlg of single malt .
my breakfast is fruits and lunch is a sandwich and evening usually is a meal ! But I do have a choler bar not so often ! I don't want to start running as I have a bad right knee and this is main reason to loose waight tbh . will stop all sweets from tomorow , I have cut right down on bread and pastry and I eat lots of fish and some times beef. But not much sport activates :( just hard work but that ain't good for the body

Sounds like you're going in the right direction then if you're on water, fruit for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and a single main meal... If the beer isn't every night - then you're not going too far wrong.. Do you eat lots of potato with the evening meals? Or heavy on the sauces? Big on curries?

OK here goes,

I've lost about 1.5 stone, some say more!

I eat 500 calories twice a week,

Monday & Friday, I don't have milk, wheat or potatoes, I eat nothing until the evening and drink water or the odd coffee during the day.

For evening meal I have home made soup, 100g of salmon and two scrambled eggs, thats it.

For the rest of the week I eat as I normally would.

WHY?

This diet forces your body to repair cells because in western diet they get replaced. This diet helps the onset of altzheimers etc.

The other advantage is if you eat 2500 calories a day and you eat 500 for two days your ahead of the game by 4000.

Studies have shown even if you binge the day after the 500 day you only eat 10% more! for me it has made me more aware what you eat on other days.

Its quite difficult to start but then you get used to it, I find it much easier if you don't eat too much the day before you do it!

This combined with a bit more exercise is brilliant and its not a fad. For me, its only two days a week and if I want a bacon sandwich or curry then you can just crack on but not on the 500 days.

For me now its a way of life not a diet, just something I do twice a week. If I am going out on Friday night I do it Thursday instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

I was twelve stone 10 weeks ago, then I stopped smoking, now I'm thirteen and a half stone.

Ive always had little pot belly, but I was never fat. Now I've got a larger belly and I've gone fatter in the face and its horrible.

I had new snickers trousers before Xmas from work, they fit perfectly, now I can't do them up :-(

i know I'm eating loads of sweets at the minute which I need to cut out, but I'm looking for ways to trim down to my old weight.

Should have climbed out of the loft and slapped the XXXXX and told her to get her sad old carcass up the loft instead, why do old people think they can be rude and not pulled on it. Grrrrrrr

hahaha that cracked me up! On the plus side you don't stink of ****, on the downside you're now clinically obese! Tell your mum to cut down the treats in our lunchbox!

hahaha that cracked me up! On the plus side you don't stink of ****, on the downside you're now clinically obese! Tell your mum to cut down the treats in our lunchbox!

She won't though, she loves him (someone has to!)

Gonna be a shock when he flees the nest.

Fridge is always empty.

Magic wash basket never works.

Clean knickers and hankie not waiting on the end of the bed every morning........

She won't though, she loves him (someone has to!)

Gonna be a shock when he flees the nest.

Fridge is always empty.

Magic wash basket never works.

Clean knickers and hankie not waiting on the end of the bed every morning........

All of that still works in my house. She even warms my pants on the radiator in the winter!

Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need to loose some weight in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
I have a RAK toilet and seat, the seat keeps coming loose on one side, I tighten the screw but it doesn't last long. My question is will a...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone Doers anyone know how to remove this toilet seat? It has no push buttons or caps that I can see and I am trying to fathom out how to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am concerned about the shower drain body in this picture being loose. I can move the metal ring visible in the picture left and right...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
I’m experimenting with the installation of a floating countertop / basin. At the top of the picture are the brackets I’m considering using. Below...
Replies
Views
Back