Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss New toilet upstairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. Have got a 50's ex council maisonette with cast iron stack. Customer wants a toilet upstairs. There is currently only one downstairs.Cutting the stack and putting a new tee on and replacing everything above it in plastic isn't an option due to the make up of the flats and access. Also Don't wanna run the risk of it shattering when cutting a hole in.
was wondering if anyone could see a good reason why I couldn't run a new stack from the toilet connection on the ground floor up to the 1st floor with some 45 bends and connect a toilet on to that????? It's obviously not great space wise and creates a lot of boxing in but I can't think of another way to get a pan connected up on the 1st floor......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 60
new toilet needs connecting to a tee rather than an elbow allowing you to stick a durgo on. if the stack is run in boxing in then make sure you vent the boxing in as the durgo needs a supply of air to work efficiently

May have to inform building re change of use for a room to toilet ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New toilet upstairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm due to start building a new side extension on a 3 bed semi, it's across the driveway up to the boundary. We're adding a downstairs...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would welcome your thoughts on this. I'm installing a low level shower tray, over a timber floor. Cast iron soil stack only about a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock