Discuss Newbie says hello in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All - as I have been encouraged by Dan to introduce myself, here I am. I'm a 59 yr. old householder, who enjoys DIY, but respects the fact that some jobs need the knowledge skills and experience of a professional. Having employed a high cost highly recommended plumber as a sub-contractor to my builder, I'm still having problems with creaking pipes. He's being professional and attentive, but not solving the probelm, hence my specific post on the topic. So that's why I'm here. Incidentally my handle of "Stainless" was dubbed on me by a work colleague many years ago, as my initials SS differentiate from Carbon Steel.
Cheers all.
Stainless Steve.

Hi Steve

Welcome to the forums,hope you enjoy and find interesting

Is the problem the creaking pipes or the fact your plumber he is very professional and attentive bordering on stalking you,his little head popping up at the side of the bath when you are in it,to check hot water ok or appearing from behind your sofa,when you are relaxing at night,adjusting thermostatic valves for your added comfort,if the later,maybe consider marriage,a few well placed insults or change the locks
If creaking pipes,usually due to expansion ,when hot water starts traveling through them,they expand and can creak against any surface that is to close not enough clearance allowed,

What pipes are creaking,hot water,heating ?
:)

Its just the heating pipes to the rads. And by the way the plumber is fat, ugly, and bearded, so marriage would be out of the question even if I wasn't a bloke.

Hi Steve

Welcome to the forums

Hope you find it as useful as I have

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Newbie says hello in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Please see the attached photos of a leak in a pipe next to my hot water tank. Can this be fixed with a simple drop of sealant (or other DIY...
Replies
Views
Blackcatgas
B
W
I'm a newbie on this site so please excuse ignorance. I'm not a plumber but do a fair bit of (usually successful) DIY. I have an Ideal Mexico...
Replies
Views
gasmarc
G
D
Hi Guys This might just be the norm for a 2006 firebird 90 oil combi. The hot water on demand is scalding hot. I've adjusted the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
markproperjob
M
F
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone out there can help me out!! When turning on the hot water in my bath I noticed that water was leaking from my...
Replies
Views
Firemancav
F
As I've never had the opportunity to help install (or see designed) a traditional system boiler/cylinder plumbing set-up, some airing cupboards...
Replies
Views
ecowarm
E

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock