Discuss Offset toilet waste connector (small offset)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steverog

When I tried to fit my toilet to its waste pipe I found that the 110mm pipe sticking out of the wall is slighly lower than the outlet of the toilet. I can get the straight waste connector that I have (KWIKFIT SK40) to fit onto the toilet and into the plastic waste pipe but it is really pinching the rubber gasket at the top of the plastic waste pipe (looser at the bottom) this is before I have added a silicone bed under the toilet which will probably make it even tighter. My gut feeling is that I could end up with a leak. I believe I can get an OFFSET CONNECTOR which should allow the gasket to set more centrally in the waste pipe. I found one on the screwfix website (Floplast SP102) but I am not sure how much offset this has. It also has one bad review about it leaking!

Any suggestions on a good quality offset connector with a small offset?

Steve

When I tried to fit my toilet to its waste pipe I found that the 110mm pipe sticking out of the wall is slighly lower than the outlet of the toilet. I can get the straight waste connector that I have (KWIKFIT SK40) to fit onto the toilet and into the plastic waste pipe but it is really pinching the rubber gasket at the top of the plastic waste pipe (looser at the bottom) this is before I have added a silicone bed under the toilet which will probably make it even tighter. My gut feeling is that I could end up with a leak. I believe I can get an OFFSET CONNECTOR which should allow the gasket to set more centrally in the waste pipe. I found one on the screwfix website (Floplast SP102) but I am not sure how much offset this has. It also has one bad review about it leaking!

Any suggestions on a good quality offset connector with a small offset?

Steve
Only ever use mcalpine myself avaiable at all good merchants con 4 4a or 4b
Google Image Result for http://www.h-i-e.co.uk/acatalog/WC-CON4_tv8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks,

The WC-CON4 looks like it will do the job.

I will have a ring around a few local merchants and sort it out.

Thanks again

Steve

Yes!

Originally, all "P" traps where usually a standard height, but could only be used as "P" trap pans, then they brought out the modern horizontal outlet pans that can convert to an "S" trap. So all a stockist has got to do now, is carry one "P" trap pan instead of "P" and "S" traps.

But Mc Alpines make quite a range of off set pan connectors to help fit the modern pan to an old soil stack. They are good, but measure your pan spigot and soil pipe branch outlet as you can get a difference in WC adaptor sizes as well as the offset size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Offset toilet waste connector (small offset)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock