Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss pan connector not fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spycatcher

hi all, I'm putting a new toilet pan into my shower room. The problem is the house is about 100 years old and the cast iron waste pipe that I'm trying to connect the pan to is 4 1/2"/114mm inside diameter, I bought flexi pan connector but the end that fits into the sewage pipe is 110mm so it waggles around, i think i need some sort of adaptor can you guys suggest a solution please

Dont use a flexi pan connector if you have access, as they are prone to blocking up.

cheers killy bing that's fine, what else should I use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk to your local plumbers merchant, I'm sure they will be able to advise.

try a piece of 110 plastic pipe and push inside the cast and seal on the outside between the plastic and inside the cast iron with silicone etc and use a kwick fit/multiquick pan connector

If you've got the room, use a cast to plastic adapter then use standard pan connectors
Other than that you may be left with a messy made up joint (silicon, denso tape etc)and the silicon wont stick to the inside of the cast unless its bone dry and clean

You could try a piece of 110 plastic pipe as said above then cement it in or use plumbers gold or similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pan connector not fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock