Discuss pan connector not fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spycatcher

hi all, I'm putting a new toilet pan into my shower room. The problem is the house is about 100 years old and the cast iron waste pipe that I'm trying to connect the pan to is 4 1/2"/114mm inside diameter, I bought flexi pan connector but the end that fits into the sewage pipe is 110mm so it waggles around, i think i need some sort of adaptor can you guys suggest a solution please

Dont use a flexi pan connector if you have access, as they are prone to blocking up.

cheers killy bing that's fine, what else should I use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk to your local plumbers merchant, I'm sure they will be able to advise.

try a piece of 110 plastic pipe and push inside the cast and seal on the outside between the plastic and inside the cast iron with silicone etc and use a kwick fit/multiquick pan connector

If you've got the room, use a cast to plastic adapter then use standard pan connectors
Other than that you may be left with a messy made up joint (silicon, denso tape etc)and the silicon wont stick to the inside of the cast unless its bone dry and clean

You could try a piece of 110 plastic pipe as said above then cement it in or use plumbers gold or similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pan connector not fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a plumber in to replace my old pan connector as it was leaking due to the wax deteriorating. Now when this toilet clogs up (which is a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I’ve got a close coupled toilet wher the waste come out of the back of the toilet then it’s a 90 degree bend to the right where it goes...
Replies
Views
Fitting a new toilet onto this old cast soil pipe that only fits in about 2inches. It's coming through the wall at an angle and can't be changed...
Replies
Views
Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock