Discuss pan fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

herbert

hi, i am looking to install a toilet but the waste needs to go out the pan,down through the floor then back passing under the toilet is this ok,, i mean i am gonna have to take the waste through the ceiling just into the utility room below evantually to get under the floor joists so it can then terminate outside. Also how can i get my waste from the shower (top right) and from the (basin top left) to the soil pipe .. i guess its a case of lifting the shower tray a little and joining the basin to the shower waste.. round the skirting behind the loo to the outside or take the waste below the floor but thats gonna look awfull i can box the soil pipe in where it comes through the floor.
many thanks andy

pan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Think you need to get a plumber to do this job
Don't join wastes together

if you are lifting the floor why don't you just run the seperate wastes under them? saving you from boxing in

henno82 i am not lifting the floor only to mount the shower base on.gary0698 i think i am quite capable of doing this job but was looking for advice and i thought i could join the wastes together using anti syphon traps if i had no other option.

henno82 i am not lifting the floor only to mount the shower base on.gary0698 i think i am quite capable of doing this job but was looking for advice and i thought i could join the wastes together using anti syphon traps if i had no other option.

Being capable of doing a job is not the same as doing corectly if you want it to look like a diy job do exactly as you have stated if you want it done properly get a good plumber in

Being capable of doing a job is not the same as doing corectly if you want it to look like a diy job do exactly as you have stated if you want it done properly get a good plumber in

ok grey what would you do to do this job?

Well for one I can't make out pic
Then lift floor run all new pipework and wastes out seperatly or tee in to 4inch with a double boss
Fit shower tray to floor on a weak bed of sand & cement

Nothing wrong with combining branch wastes as long as they are done correctly . May need a branch vent ar anti syphon trap

Well for one I can't make out pic
Then lift floor run all new pipework and wastes out seperatly or tee in to 4inch with a double boss
Fit shower tray to floor on a weak bed of sand & cement
right the brown lines are the joists.. the sink top left and a stud between the back of sink and shower.. the soil stack is outside the room in the bottom left. The toilet outlet cannot come straight out the wall next to it and across the front of the house as there is a name plack on the front of the building which cannot be covered. As the sink and shower are gonna be across the room away from the wall and the waste will have to run in the opposite direction to the joists i cannot do the waste under the floor!

right the brown lines are the joists.. the sink top left and a stud between the back of sink and shower.. the soil stack is outside the room in the bottom left. The toilet outlet cannot come straight out the wall next to it and across the front of the house as there is a name plack on the front of the building which cannot be covered. As the sink and shower are gonna be across the room away from the wall and the waste will have to run in the opposite direction to the joists i cannot do the waste under the floor!

Why can you not put wastes under floor??
It's not good practice to join wastes I would not do it but some do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pan fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, please see my attached diagrams One is the current layout And one is where I propose to add another boss to add a shower waste...
Replies
Views
Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
A
Hey, I'll start by saying I'll be getting a plumber out to do this but wanted some advice first. We're redoing our ground floor bathroom this year...
Replies
Views
Hello, Renovating downstairs bathroom, we have changed the layout and I just wanted to confirm if what I want to do is appropriate. I want to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock