Search the forum,

Discuss Plastic Pipe Inserts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keefy

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Haven't had much experience with plastic pipe apart from the occasional JG Speedfit fitting.

speedfit-pipe-insert-10mm-1038784648-200x200.jpg

I'm off to get a few supplies and want to get a few 15mm pipe inserts. Do JG ones work in any plastic pipe or do I need to get a load of various ones?

It's not for any particular job I'm doing, just want them in case I come across some plastic pipe I need to tee into.

Use the inserts that are specific to the brand of pipe you are using. Any other way is asking for trouble and an escape route for the manufacture.

Use the inserts that are specific to the brand of pipe you are using. Any other way is asking for trouble and an escape route for the manufacture.

Cheers, what brands (inserts) would you recommend I pick up - the most popular?

You'd be carrying no end of fittings for all the different brands of pipe. I'd either carry one brand that you prefer to use or just get to the job & see what you need then get it from merchants?!

Agree with using like for like branding with inserts. JG superseal are best when using their p/f fittings. Use the smooth insert for compression joints.

You'd be carrying no end of fittings for all the different brands of pipe. I'd either carry one brand that you prefer to use or just get to the job & see what you need then get it from merchants?!

Agree with using like for like branding with inserts. JG superseal are best when using their p/f fittings. Use the smooth insert for compression joints.
Picked up some JG inserts (smooth) for now as it seems the most common of the plastics round here. As I say, it's only in case I come across some existing pipework I need to tee into.
Trying to cover myself as much as possible so I don't have to leave a job half done and go for spares. I'm finding myself further out in the sticks more and more these days, miles from anywhere.

I just carry the plastic fittings i use, worst case you can use a compression fitting if you have a mix of inserts as plastic fittings are not cheap.

Picked up some JG inserts (smooth) for now as it seems the most common of the plastics round here. As I say, it's only in case I come across some existing pipework I need to tee into.
Trying to cover myself as much as possible so I don't have to leave a job half done and go for spares. I'm finding myself further out in the sticks more and more these days, miles from anywhere.

Makes sense. Nothing worse than being 1/2 way through a job & having to dash out to get fittings, especially if you're miles from the nearest merchants.

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail!

I carry the double seal Jg standard jg and hep inserts don't use much plastic though probably the same situation as you keefy just for the odd time you need to tee in or extend

started using hep20, till I saw how the original ones broke up on the metal sealing rings!, tried speedfit and happy with that brand as long as screwfix do their offers on it but currently have a van load of polyplumb gear which I got from a guy who sold me his van stock etc on ebay for £90, the polyplumb alone was over £100 in value and I like the fittings, they look reliable.

I must agree Lame,I've seen the Hep metal sealing rings brake before but smaller fittings than speedfit I've started using speed fit inserts fittings and pipe and had no problems try a stick with one brand makes the storage box easier, speedfit easier to get hold off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plastic Pipe Inserts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Yes, it me again. I have a leaking compression joint that is connected to plastic pipe. I have now read elsewhere that it is not a good idea to connect plastic into compression joints. It DID have an insert in the plastic pipe. I decided to use plastic JG speedfit pipe in the compression...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm looking at the different pipes for UFH, the prices vary a lot and I'm not sure about the differences between the products. I'm doing two zones, one 127m the other 70m, both will be under screed. JG barrier pipe will cost £400 but Pert-Evoh-Pert is only £170. Both say they are 15mm...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe which serves the sink & shower in the loft when doing some work in the toilet underneath on the ceiling i have cut away the plasterboard to reveal...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat up but they are all connected via what I assume is Hep2O nothing is labled on the pipes that route behind the rad just on the flap behind the rad...
Replies
Views
I have Honeywell Valencia TRVs 10mm pipe size, I’m making mods to accommodate larger rads and it looks like the 10mm compression insert is special to Honeywell as all available inserts are 15mm to 10mm which do not fit as the compression nut has a 10mm hole, not a 15mm. Anyone know if you can...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock