Discuss Question from an Industrial Design Student developing tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bastrouw

Dear Forum readers,

My name is Bas Trouw, 23 and student Industrial Design in Enschede, the Netherlands. I am currently doing a project for a large German Tool Manufacturer. For this project, I have to develop a new set of pliers/handtools.

For inspiration and idea's I would like to ask you to tell me all of your:

- irritations regarding existing tools. These could be caused by limitations of the tools for example
- Problems in and around the house that could use a tool to solve the problem.
- Own idea's for a new type of tool (you must be thinking sometimes: "they should make a tool for this")

I hope you guys can help me. All the help is appreciated!!!

thank you!

Bas Trouw

A pair of water pump pliers that work with a ratchet action, and can move around compression fittings that are fitted on the pipe that is clipped to the wall might be good.

Carbon fibre kevlar reinforced composite Footprints and Cobras.

That stuff they use in F1 cars that is 20 times the strength of steel

A pair of water pump pliers that work with a ratchet action, and can move around compression fittings that are fitted on the pipe that is clipped to the wall might be good.
i was thinking this long time ago as it could be handy tool to have

i was thinking this long time ago as it could be handy tool to have
What am i missing? How can it be better to have for domestic/commercial plumbers? On industrial you wind threads in for ages, but a ratchet would break in no time.

I can use Footprints as fast as a ratchet spanner, it would just be an unnecessary tool imo

Loved to be proved wrong though

A set of parallel smooth jawed plyers with extended "teeth" so you could use them between pipes.

or a set strong enough that can be "locked" into position and flogged with a hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Question from an Industrial Design Student developing tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I've looked through old threads on similar questions, however i was hoping for advice regarding our house project. When i've read threads...
Replies
Views
P
Hi everyone, I’m a Dutch Industrial Design student and I am designing a new kind of pliers for a big German company. Right now, I am in the...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
Hi, I’m new to the forum but thought I’d sign up to try and get some help with a customers boiler. Bit of background on the boiler first. The...
Replies
Views
Hi. Apologies if this seems like an essay. The short question is where do you lot work from? Do you have largish houses, or do you work from a...
Replies
Views
O
Hi lads, I hope you all are ok. i was wondering if anyone could help me out and give me some solutions on how to solve the low water pressure...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock