Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Racking Vivaro in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sanke

Hi all
I need to rack my Vivaro but can't settle on layout. I have twin sliding doors so can't work out whether to have a rack across the bulkhead between doors & then one either side above wheel arches Or. One rack facing drivers sliding door ( power tools etc) then one either side above arches
any suggestions gratefully received as fed up humping things around

The twin doors kind of make it awkward, I'd got for rack above wheel arches both sides

Split van. Rack from left to right just behind side doors. And van vault on side out rails in rear door with shelving above for stock. Keeps middle of van free for materials and loot.

Split van. Rack from left to right just behind side doors. And van vault on side out rails in rear door with shelving above for stock. Keeps middle of van free for materials and loot.

That was my other idea. That laves an area big enough for transporting large items for a job or packing with powerflush etc

IMG_0520.jpgIMG_0521.jpgmy bad its ina a rea of forum your not in yet

Yeah I'll get a better one tomorrow few minor adjustments since I first did it but very happy everything in its place easy to get to

Hi all
I need to rack my Vivaro but can't settle on layout. I have twin sliding doors so can't work out whether to have a rack across the bulkhead between doors & then one either side above wheel arches Or. One rack facing drivers sliding door ( power tools etc) then one either side above arches
any suggestions gratefully received as fed up humping things around

You have two side loading doors make full use off them I have one van with two side loaders.i use euro boxes Realy good that fit in to ply racking leave gap in middle of van for potential shower door or rads etc done you a sketch for general idea change to suit your needs you can also put a shorter racking back right for organiser boxes I use the stanly ones.you still will have room for cylinder boiler etc in back.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386439950.817083.jpg
Hope this helps

You have two side loading doors make full use off them I have one van with two side loaders.i use euro boxes Realy good that fit in to ply racking leave gap in middle of van for potential shower door or rads etc done you a sketch for general idea change to suit your needs you can also put a shorter racking back right for organiser boxes I use the stanly ones.you still will have room for cylinder boiler etc in back.View attachment 16169
Hope this helps
Hi leethegasman
that looks good. I have recently bought some boxes from homebase & already use the Stanley organisers so all good. Do you do that drawing just for me ?

Hi leethegasman
that looks good. I have recently bought some boxes from homebase & already use the Stanley organisers so all good. Do you do that drawing just for me ?

Sometimes pictures say a thousand words.
We get are euro boxes from a company called plastor there website is www.plastor.co.uk
Screwfix do the same boxes but they are more expensive and only do three sizes.plastor have a bigger selection of sizes.
Keeps every thing organised and to hand.
Also the dewalt toolboxes are good as well and come in three sizes.for power tools etc.

Me? Think it was from a utilities van so possibly, £250 from the bay better and more professional looking than ply IMHO.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386511853.238826.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1386511882.568275.jpg
This is the two side loading doors on a ford connect which is a lot smaller van than yours but maximises the storage space.

Last edited:
i have a renault trafic, fully racked out, i thought it was really good. until i saw EPH's, what a good layout!

Had a sort out this afternoon. Moved loads of things round & have sorted a layout. Next weekend to build racking hopefully. Thanks for all the suggestions

I wish I could keep so tidy as the rest of you lads.

My van also has had issues with late night put away syndrome. Aka open throw close

Had a sort out this afternoon. Moved loads of things round & have sorted a layout. Next weekend to build racking hopefully. Thanks for all the suggestions

Let us know what you end up doing may give us some ideas as I have just got another van to re rack out due to some plonker smashing his car in to mine and being a total loss.

im a graet beliver in slide out racks especialy if you have a normal height van make life so much easier when your searching for fittings

Let us know what you end up doing may give us some ideas as I have just got another van to re rack out due to some plonker smashing his car in to mine and being a total loss.

Will do Lee. I had a similar incident with a peugeut hitting my Combo from behind & smashing me into a stationary mondeo. Van was a write off so had t upgrade to bigger & hopefully better van

Do lots of u store fittings in van? I have a few trays of fittings few 100 and that's enough for a day or two normally? But in bulk and keep rest in shop / garage. Not get annoying when u need 5 straights and you only brought in three ?

I have mine in the Stanley storage cases and replenish when I get home

Got 2 f and e tanks with bags if 15 and 22 fittings in. Use them to top up the top of my Stanley tool box I keep my soldering stuff in when needed.

I have the stanley storage cases, much easier to just take out the van and on to a job, just refill them when needed. I must admit iv got abit of OCD with the van, will get some pics tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Racking Vivaro in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock