Discuss Rust spots on flexi sign of failure? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Often, not been cleaned properly of LDF or when a weak washing up liquid / water mixture has been used instead of LDF.

In the past I have seen stainless corrode in a humid environment (swimming pool area) when grinding of mild steel has taken place in the immediate vicinity and the debris not thoroughly cleaned up.

Have never seen an anaconda that has failed through corrosion, but believe that it can happen very quickly

I would guess that another cause could be flux not properly cleaned from the pipe surface.

From a GS(I&U)R perspective, if the corrosion is significant, it could be an AR under regulation 7. That only moves to ID when there is an escape of gas.

I have no real idea as to how you can determine how quickly signs of corrosion proceed to and result in a leak.

im guessing you mean a water flex matt

Bit confusing this one Matt if you mean internally on tap flexis then often it's caused by condensation cold water entering a warm environment via the Flexi much like a toilet cistern in the winter months they can condensate and drip, If you mean a gas anaconda then often it's LDF not been washed off after use causing pin holeing . Regards kop

That's the flexi in question

Attachments

• IMG_20201105_181036.jpg
    IMG_20201105_181036.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 13

Reply to Rust spots on flexi sign of failure? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I get orange spots when washing clothes. Please see photo. I think it is rust. I’ve checked there’s no metal in the machine. I have also run...
Replies
Views
I've spotted this rust patch on the outside of a cast iron radiator in the house. There's no sign of any water leaking from it on the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current...
Replies
Views
The joint between my WC pan and the cistern is leaking - I suspect that the doughnut needs replacing. I imagine that this would be easy enough for...
Replies
Views
I'm installing a new kitchen tap and the existing pipe connection (photo attached) doesn't seem like it will accommodate a flexi pipe connection...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock