Discuss Rust spots on flexi sign of failure? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Often, not been cleaned properly of LDF or when a weak washing up liquid / water mixture has been used instead of LDF.

In the past I have seen stainless corrode in a humid environment (swimming pool area) when grinding of mild steel has taken place in the immediate vicinity and the debris not thoroughly cleaned up.

Have never seen an anaconda that has failed through corrosion, but believe that it can happen very quickly

I would guess that another cause could be flux not properly cleaned from the pipe surface.

From a GS(I&U)R perspective, if the corrosion is significant, it could be an AR under regulation 7. That only moves to ID when there is an escape of gas.

I have no real idea as to how you can determine how quickly signs of corrosion proceed to and result in a leak.

im guessing you mean a water flex matt

Bit confusing this one Matt if you mean internally on tap flexis then often it's caused by condensation cold water entering a warm environment via the Flexi much like a toilet cistern in the winter months they can condensate and drip, If you mean a gas anaconda then often it's LDF not been washed off after use causing pin holeing . Regards kop

That's the flexi in question

Attachments

• IMG_20201105_181036.jpg
    IMG_20201105_181036.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 13

Reply to Rust spots on flexi sign of failure? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock